OT/AD & Stuff: Babylon Auction and hello... again!

Old July 21st 05, 11:08 AM
JC Herrell

Default OT/AD & Stuff: Babylon Auction and hello... again!

First, a new auction, Babylon, wonderfully etched denim colored tubes
with vivid scalloped "bead caps". These big bad beads are exotic,
sensuous and luxurious. All my auctions:
http://stores.ebay.com/JC-Herrell-Glass

OK. I've been gone (in a lot of ways). Not even lurking, sad to
say. I was in a car accident and descended into my own little world of
pain and pain pills. Not to say I don't like pain pills. I do. I
really, really do! But I despise being limited, so I've been
fighting against myself. Alas, I have struck a balance with the help
of my husband and I am reasonably pleased with my rate of recovery. I
hurt my arm & shoulder and I have a nifty case of whiplash (with a side
of lawyer). Did you see the Concussion auction, or read the way too
funny story?

I wanted to avoid putting all this uck of mine onto the great World
Wide Web, so here are a few good things to balance; I found out I can
wear pig-tales (even as an almost 30 year old woman;
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...spigtalesw.jpg),
I LOVE the few beads I am making and I will still be able to lead
workshops as artist in residence at the Cudahy Center in Milwaukee.
Beginner bead lessons, anyone?

So that's the spiel.

Pura Vida!!!
JC

www.jcherrellglass.com
http://stores.ebay.com/JC-Herrell-Glass

Old July 21st 05, 11:26 AM
Su/Cutworks

JC wrote:

First, a new auction, Babylon, wonderfully etched denim colored tubes
with vivid scalloped "bead caps". These big bad beads are exotic,
sensuous and luxurious. All my auctions:
http://stores.ebay.com/JC-Herrell-Glass

*sobbing and running towards the BID NOW button!*

Those are simply stunning. I love them SO much.

OK. I've been gone (in a lot of ways). Not even lurking, sad to
say. I was in a car accident and descended into my own little world of
pain and pain pills. Not to say I don't like pain pills. I do. I
really, really do! But I despise being limited, so I've been
fighting against myself. Alas, I have struck a balance with the help
of my husband and I am reasonably pleased with my rate of recovery. I
hurt my arm & shoulder and I have a nifty case of whiplash (with a side
of lawyer). Did you see the Concussion auction, or read the way too
funny story?

OMG, that's a riot in some ways. I'm glad you're alright even with a side
of lawyer, be careful they don't take your arm when they leave..... I had
the same happen to me when I was in a big wreck about 25 years ago, my mind
simply looked at everything from about a 46 degree twist from the usual. Of
course most of my friends never noticed.

I LOVE the few beads I am making and I will still be able to lead
workshops as artist in residence at the Cudahy Center in Milwaukee.
Beginner bead lessons, anyone?

Yes, please. I'll be right over.

I can't think of Cudahy without laughing and remembering the old Suburpia
ads from the 70's about the Sub ranches.

-Su

--
..sig lite: http://www.tillermanbeads.co.uk All roads lead to beads.
British Lampwork 'Modern Glass - Ancient Roots'

Old July 21st 05, 05:03 PM
Polly S.

JC Herrell wrote:
OK. I've been gone (in a lot of ways). Not even lurking, sad to
say. I was in a car accident and descended into my own little world of
pain and pain pills. Not to say I don't like pain pills. I do. I
really, really do! But I despise being limited, so I've been
fighting against myself. Alas, I have struck a balance with the help
of my husband and I am reasonably pleased with my rate of recovery. I
hurt my arm & shoulder and I have a nifty case of whiplash (with a side
of lawyer). Did you see the Concussion auction, or read the way too
funny story?

Sorry to hear about your concussion, though the elevator story was too
funny. The old ladies probably assumed it was 'young people and their
drugs' as my 90-something aunt says! I really love Babylon and the
Concussion beads... but I won't say you should be concussed more often.

But JC, I love love *love* Grand Facade. You make such beautiful beads
that look so... perfectly 'finished'. I love that your style is so much
its own voice... if that makes any sense at all. I guess that means
distinctive in my roundabout thinking!!!

I wanted to avoid putting all this uck of mine onto the great World
Wide Web, so here are a few good things to balance; I found out I can
wear pig-tales (even as an almost 30 year old woman;
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...spigtalesw.jpg)

Awww and you wear them so well!

--
Polly
Old July 21st 05, 05:53 PM

Holy crap, JC - Babylon is stunning!! I've had the concussion set in my
watch list since it went up, too.

Barbara

Old July 21st 05, 07:50 PM
Dr. Sooz

Your name should be "JA Herrell". The "A" stands for ARTIST. I...I
feel....I feel diz..........~KLUNK!!!~

Old July 21st 05, 07:51 PM
Dr. Sooz

~ Not to say I don't like pain pills. I do. I really, really do! But
I despise being limited, so I've been fighting against myself.
~~~~~~~~~~
Poor sweetie! Poor thing. Big, big hugs.

Old July 21st 05, 08:04 PM
Paulette Insall

Love your new beadies JC and so sorry to hear about your accident!! Hope
you're doing much better! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

--
Paulette
SPIglass Studio ~ miniature works of art in glass

My eBay auctions ~ eBay ID: flutterbearies
http://search.ebay.com/spiglass-lampwork

My web journal
http://www.spiglass-studio.com/journal.htm

oups.com...

Old July 21st 05, 10:48 PM
JC Herrell

Ya'll, my studio is buzzing with all your love! Thank you! And super
duper thank you for your very kind words about my beads!

Su - you know I love to make you run! (And to make Mike "wanna melt
some glass") I'm sure your English stud doesn't say, "wanna", though!
And we do want the lawyer to get an arm and a leg - from the other
driver, that is! I'm the one who was innocently smacked into at the
stoplight!

Polly, you be making me blush! You make totally perfect logical sense!
Then again. I do have the concussion... LOL!

I'll root for you, Barbara! Bid, baby, bid! The beads are telling
me they love you, too...

Oh, Sooz! I was thinking JA Herrell like with a Jamaican accent.
Or... DA Herrell with an "up nort," Fargo-ish accent... Thank you,
pretty lady, for making an "A" like artist!

Paulette, thank you. I am uber way better (you know, with like, a
couple of those pain pills in me and stuff)! Why does that torch seem
to move all by its self?

Pura vida!!!!!!!!
JC

Old July 21st 05, 11:18 PM
Kalera

Babylon is INCREDIBLE... so is Grand Facade... and I am TOTALLY
overstimulated by Concussion! Funny story too, if it weren't for the
fact that you're *injured*, sheesh! I laughed but at the same time I was
going "Awwwww!"

And that pic of you is utterly adorable.

http://www.beadwife.com
Old July 21st 05, 11:58 PM
Marisa Cappetta

The elevator story is too funny. Wait till you get a leeeeetle bit older. I
keep walking into rooms and forgetting why I'm there.

I'm in love with Grand Facade.