Applique Pattern help

Old October 26th 03, 09:04 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

Default Applique Pattern help

A lady at church stopped me today and asked if I had any applique
patterns for baby quilts. Seems she has three: a goose with babies, a
teddy bear and something else which I am forgetting. It's one big
applique pattern that makes up the whole quilt - think cheater panel
without the cheating ;-) I suggested getting a kids coloring book and
enlarging the pictures to make new patterns. That went over like a lead
balloon. So, I told her I'd ask around. Any of you know of any similar
patterns?

thanks
marcella
Old October 26th 03, 09:56 PM
Sudrlg

Hi Marcella-
Sorry - i don't understand your question.
Does she want to do an appliqued whole cloth and wants other animals to add -
or is she looking for a pattern that will take up the whole quilt?
If it is the latter - there is a applique pattern maker that I love - Donna
French Collins.
She frequently has a booth at the Pa Quilt Show, with lots of big size quilt
appliques. I can't say that there are no blocks involved - but they are not the
traditional rows of blocks. I have an address and phone# for her - no website.
If you'd like that info let me know. Her work is colorful and whimsical and I
think my applique technique ( and I use that word loosely) has improved just
watching her demo of needleturn applique.
Deena - in Philly
Old October 26th 03, 11:38 PM
Julia in MN

Are these the kind of thing that you are looking for?
http://www.ginghamgoosepatterns.com/quilts.cfm or
http://www.thepatternco.com/bears.html. I have the "Under Mother's Wing"
pattern from The Gingham Goose; I made it for my niece about 20 years
ago (price tag on it says $2.99!); go to the bottom of page 2 at the
Gingham Goose web site to see it. It sounds like that might be one of
the patterns your friend has.

Julia in MN

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jaccola/

Old October 27th 03, 01:38 AM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article ,
Julia in MN wrote:

Are these the kind of thing that you are looking for?
http://www.ginghamgoosepatterns.com/quilts.cfm or
http://www.thepatternco.com/bears.html. I have the "Under Mother's Wing"
pattern from The Gingham Goose; I made it for my niece about 20 years
ago (price tag on it says $2.99!); go to the bottom of page 2 at the
Gingham Goose web site to see it. It sounds like that might be one of
the patterns your friend has.

Julia in MN

Gingham goose looks like what she was describing to me. I will send her
the link and perhaps she will be interested in some of the other
patterns.

Thanks!
marcella
Old October 27th 03, 03:43 AM
Mary in Rock Island IL

There are some applique patterns he
http://www.quilterbydesign.com/

They are billed as being quick, which I hope would mean easy.

Mary