Shop Hop Question

Old July 14th 03, 10:21 PM
Shona in NZ

Zo,
I'm glad you asked!
Shona wondering in NZ

"zo" wrote in message
news
OK, I must be really dumb, but what is the SHop Hop? What is teh
bunny of which you speak? I'm I missing a great opportunity to find
some good fabric?

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:03:49 GMT, "Elena"
wrote:

Ummm not magical as such. You tend to smarten up on each site. Things
like, you almost never find the bunny in the clearance sections. Or the
notions. I don't shop too much, when I am doing that but I DO bookmark

them
for later. I tend to go back to the ones that make it easy to find the
bunny. Any site that has it buried in the middle of a page of secondary
links is just right out. I have noticed that not all of them are obeying
the "two clicks" off home this time. And you do have a whole month. If

you
do 5 sites a day, you get the 130 done in 26 days. I am blessed with a
cable modem, so the pages load pretty quickly for me. It doesn't take 30
mins to do five sites. Actually it doesn't usually take more than 15

mins.
YMMV,
Elena

"CHARLES MURPHY" wrote in message
.. .
Do you shop hoppers really manage 130 shops EACH month? if so how, I
assume no browsing at each shop...is there some magical way to do this
without going square eyed?

--
Mauvice in Central WI USA

Old July 15th 03, 01:35 AM
Shawn

Hi Elena,

The three are Bunny Hutch, Colonial Crafts and Quilters Stash. I don't want
to be told where they are but a clue might be nice! I'm beginning to wonder
if it may be something to do with my browser (IE6).
Thanks,
Shawn

--
mslibra
www.cutcakes.ca

"Elena" wrote in message
Tell us which sites, I bet we could give you a clue.
I'm still working on it though, have 20 more to go. And after I said,

you
don't usually find the bunny in the clearance sections, that's where I

found
one FINALLY! lol

I think it's smart of fabshophop to add the "add this shop to My

Favorites"
checkbox when you send in your registration for having found the bunny.

It
only adds it to a list they maintain for you, now, not the
"Favorites/Bookmarks" that's in your browser.

On another note, I also have never had an email address sold, stolen, or
spammed from signing up for the newsletters and contests. *crosses my
fingers*

Elena, who does browse a page or two on some of them and bookmarked a

store
in Tx I didn't know was online.

"Shawn" wrote in message
. ca...
I did manage to find 132 fairly quickly but there are 3 that I swear

have
no
bunny :-)

Shawn

--
mslibra
www.cutcakes.ca

Old July 15th 03, 05:41 AM
Debbi

I have not onw in the Fab Shop Hop, but have won gift certificates twice
doing the Mall Crawl sponsored by Quiltindex.com

Debbi in SO CA

"M. Wetmore" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:43:25 GMT, "CHARLES MURPHY"
wrote:

Do you shop hoppers really manage 130 shops EACH month? if so how, I
assume no browsing at each shop...is there some magical way to do this
without going square eyed?

My question is "why bother". Does anyone know of someone actually
winning something in one of the hops?

Mardi

Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot

com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat

Old July 15th 03, 09:27 AM
Sharon Harper

Now I get to ask the stupid question! What on earth are y'all talking
about? How does one get in on this?

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"The Nielands" wrote in message
newsvHQa.62936$H17.19365@sccrnsc02...
Mardi, I haven't won the big prize, but I've won two $10 gift certificates
(although one was from a shop that really didn't carry much online and I
didn't use it), eight fat quarters from a shop in Hawaii, and two yards of
fabric and a pattern. Not a great haul for all the time I've spent

looking
for the quilt blocks or bunny, but I've been pretty happy overall.

Louise

Old July 15th 03, 09:50 AM
Megwen Woodham

The only problem with the hops is that the prizes are for US and Canadian
hoppers only! The rest of us can find the bunnies, but no prizes :-(

Megwen
Bath, England
u...

Old July 15th 03, 02:25 PM
Elena

Well those sillies! Win a prize and send it to me! I will promptly send it
on.

Elena in Tx, USA
I will, honest!

Old July 16th 03, 01:13 AM
BarbQuilts

I hadn't done one in several years, so I was glad to see the addition of
their keeping track of where/how many you'd visited. I did all 130 in about
a week. Some I knew right away I wouldn't care to shop there. Another's
bunny wouldn't show unless I turned off my firewall, which I'm not going to
do.

I also saw several new shops with some good deals - I think I did 3 orders.

In June I did the Inventory Blowout Hop and got quite a bit from one store
in California. Had my order in two days via Priority Mail.

--
Barb Quilts aka Barb C
..

"Ronnie Wexler" wrote in message
And it can be easy S.E.X., too. I found a bunch more sites with lower
prices this time around, and some really interesting patterns.

Ronnie

Old July 16th 03, 07:14 AM
Megan Vest

Technically shops do not have to put a clue on their website. So, if they
don't you might not want to totally write them off as one you would never go
back to!! It is definitely a lot easier if they put a clue on though,
especially if it is hard to find.
Megan

"Ronnie Wexler" wrote in message
If you go to http://www.fabshophop.com there's all the info you could
want. Basically, it's a ploy to get people to shop on line. Once
every 3 or 4 months, this company sets up an online shop hop in which
you search for the bunny logo on 120-130 sites.

The rules are that the participating stores display the logo (one
didn't this time), there is supposed to be a clue, and the bunny is
supposed to be no more than two clicks away from the store's home page.
All sorts of prizes are offered for varying levels of completing the
shop - this time, if you visit 130 stores between July 1 and 31, your
named is entered to win a $1300/1400 sewing machine (a Bernina this
time).

I don't go back to the stores that bury the bunny either. Sometimes,
depending on how bad it is (and Quilter's Stash was absolutely the
WORST), I'll drop them a line telling them.

Ronnie

Old July 16th 03, 07:30 AM
Ronnie Wexler

True, but the ones who don't put a clue on seem to hide the bunny
fairly well. I understand they want you to browse their site, but
"forcing" a potential shopper to go through several levels isn't
positive reinforcement.

Ronnie