Instructional site or book advise??

Old January 7th 04, 02:18 PM
VanderSandra

Default Instructional site or book advise??

Hello all

Does anyone have suggestions on where or how I could learn techniques to put
fur like viscose on my sculptured animals? I can just picture adding one hair
at a time with tweezers, but surely there are specific techiques, tools and
specifcally the proper adhesive for gluing fur to polymer clay. Could someone
advise me?

Thanks
Sandra
http://tinyurl.com/27u72

Old January 15th 04, 04:54 PM
mel7474

Sandra - your little yorkies are soooooo cute !!
At the mo I'm like you..... I too would like to know how to learn this
technique.
I made a little bear that I put on ebay - he's my 2nd attempt at trying to
add fur to clay lol
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=22173504 38

Melanie.
www.baybaycreations.com

"VanderSandra" wrote in message
Hello all

Does anyone have suggestions on where or how I could learn techniques to

put
fur like viscose on my sculptured animals? I can just picture adding one

hair
at a time with tweezers, but surely there are specific techiques, tools

and
specifcally the proper adhesive for gluing fur to polymer clay. Could

someone
advise me?

Thanks
Sandra
http://tinyurl.com/27u72

---

Old January 16th 04, 12:44 AM
CATH359

Melanie,
Your little bear is just adorable! I love the expression on his face. You
did a good job of putting the fur on. I thought it was a stuffed bear. How did
you get the fur on anyway?
Cathy
www.cathyscreations.com

Old January 16th 04, 09:34 AM
mel7474

Hi Cathy
Just be looking at your website .
I love your little cuties - especially your animals

To stick the fur on my teddy I just snipped some mohair into little pieces
and stuck them on.
You could either make the fur look like my teddy - flattened down or you
could do it so it looked shaggy.
All depending it you pat the fur down or not.

Mel.

Old January 16th 04, 01:49 PM
CATH359

Thanks Mel for the compliment and the explaination.
One more question. Did you glue the fur down or does it stick well to the raw
clay?
Thanks,
Cathy
www.cathyscreations.com
Old January 19th 04, 11:45 AM
mel7474

Hi Cathy
I stuck the fur to the baked clay .
I've just made another little bear the same way -

http://makeashorterlink.com/?E23D12A17

Mel