Newbie here

Old November 16th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Juno B

Default Newbie here

Edna wrote:
My pattern book is a reprint of an old one and would be copywrite however I
found these for you online.

http://www.lindascraftique.com/free/tnsocks.htm

http://www.freevintageknitting.com/s...s-pattern.html

Edna

Thank you for the information Edna, the vintage knitting is a great
source. It has a ton of patterns
for all kinds of great projects. I see it also has hats and mittens.The
kids never seem to have
enough.
When my four were children I knitted mittens and hats year round so that
I'd have plenty for them
in the cold upstate NY winters.
Now I can do that for my grandchildren with these great patterns.
Juno
Old November 17th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Nov 15, 8:05*pm, Juno B wrote:
Katherine wrote:

Juno,
I prefer DPNs, so I am not the right one to ask. But I am sure that
someone will have some good advice that will help.
And welcome!

Higs,
Katherine

Thanks Katherine for the welcome. If you could see me struggling with
the dpn's you would be rolling on the floor laughing. You just can't
believe what a mess I made.
Juno

Oh, yes I could! I think that we've all been there at some time or
other.

Higs,
Katherine

Old November 17th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Rick[_3_]

On Nov 14, 5:30*pm, Juno B wrote:
Hi all,
I've been lurking for awhile and after the suggestion of Mirjam decided
I should come here with my little problem. My name is Juno, I live in
the Hudson Valley region of NY State. I'm a retired nurse, 12 years now,
and I love to sew. *I have 9 grandchildren who always want Gram to make
them something.I decided after about a million years to start
knitting again. My problem is that my hands just don't work as well as
they use to. I wanted to make some socks but they are becoming a major
disaster.I picked up some very pretty yarn http://www.woolneedlework.com/Yarn/S...c_Colors.shtml
but I seem to be all thumbs trying to make them. I use to make socks all
the time. Those 4 skinny needles and my fingers just aren't making it. I
saw on one post that someone mentioned using long circular needles and
the "magic loop" method or 2 sets of circular needles. Would you be so
kind as to explain these methods to me. I hate to be defeated by anything..
Many thanks.
* Juno

Juno,
We use circular hoop looms. This the cheating way of knitting. You
don't actually use knitting needles but a loom with pegs on it. This
also keeps the hands from getting cramped as you not constantly
holding needles. You may have seem some in craft store under the
Knifty Knitter brand name. My DW made some great St. Nick stockings
for a newphew and it turned out great.

Regards,

Rick Boesen
Olivet, Michigan
www.FiberArtfest.com
www.QuesoCabezaFarm.com
Old November 17th 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Juno B

Juno,
We use circular hoop looms. This the cheating way of knitting. You
don't actually use knitting needles but a loom with pegs on it. This
also keeps the hands from getting cramped as you not constantly
holding needles. You may have seem some in craft store under the
Knifty Knitter brand name. My DW made some great St. Nick stockings
for a newphew and it turned out great.

Regards,

Rick Boesen
Olivet, Michigan
www.FiberArtfest.com
www.QuesoCabezaFarm.com

Rick,
I find that a very interesting concept and one that I will keep in mind
to explore. I'm always open to trying new things or old things new ways.
Keeps the mind from bogging down.
Thanks Rick,
Juno
Old November 20th 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Juno,

http://www.socknitters.com/2circs/index.htm

The above will help you when you get more advanced on two needles.

Below is a ton of advice, you will get a lot of help at the sight.

http://www.socknitters.com/advice.htm

Please let us know how your sock projects go.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Old November 20th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Nov 17, 5:35*pm, Rick wrote:
On Nov 14, 5:30*pm, Juno B wrote:

[...]

Olivet, Michiganwww.FiberArtfest.comwww.QuesoCabezaFarm.co m- Hide quoted text -

Wasn`t this one called lazy daisy ??? oh no i think it were only the
tubes made on 4 nails ???
So you make a sock on a frame with pegs ???
mirjam
Old November 20th 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Juno B wrote:
[...]
*Juno- Hide quoted text -

Ps socks i am now reading Debbie Macomber`s "A GOOD YARN" Mira,
2005... wherethe Sock teaching class is the core of the book,,,
mirjam
Old November 20th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Juno B

Spike Driver wrote:
Juno,

http://www.socknitters.com/2circs/index.htm

The above will help you when you get more advanced on two needles.

Below is a ton of advice, you will get a lot of help at the sight.

http://www.socknitters.com/advice.htm

Please let us know how your sock projects go.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Juno B wrote:

Thanks for the information. I now have to buy needles since the only
ones I have are the double pointed ones. When I stopped knitting, way
back when I gave all my supplies to a friend who did knitting all the
time. I can't even ask to borrow them back since she now lives in Maine.
Juno
Old November 21st 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Juno

I am sorry to hear your knitting pal moved away.

My first advice to new knitters or crocheters is to find local group.
Go to your local yarn shop or places like Michaels or Joannes and ask
about local groups. I always see some one wanting to get rid of extra
knitting tools. Some times you can pick up what you need for pennies on
the dollar.

Most of all is the wealth of knowledge you can pick up from a local
group, it is invaluable.

Most of all, don't forget to pass on the next new person.

Dennis

\

Newbie Desert Rat Carving 0 October 17th 06 11:48 PM
Help -- newbie... Fred Pottery 23 January 20th 06 09:51 PM
Newbie needs help! Jim Moore Quilting 22 January 7th 06 06:36 PM
newbie saying hi cozy Quilting 24 January 5th 04 07:25 PM
newbie here Carol Quilting 14 December 31st 03 11:57 AM