~OT~ Remember the "Don't Poke Tink" incident?

Old June 29th 04, 02:25 AM
katiewise

Default ~OT~ Remember the "Don't Poke Tink" incident?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my God!!!!!!!!!!!

Diet Dr Pepper up the nose, onto the keyboard and all over the
screen!!!!!!!!!

I was just talking about this very saying today at work. This morning
my troll of a boss jabbed me quite meanly with a stick and I bit back.
hard. very hard. When asked why I did what I did, I replied,
"Don't poke me with a stick! It makes me mad and you won't like what
happens then!!"

What a great sign!!!!!!

hmmmmm..... What would the charge be to have another made up? :

BTW.... Tink, welcome back!!!! I've missed the happenings in the
Great Black Swamp!

Katie

Tinkster wrote in message . ..
For those of you who remember the unfortunate incident wherein an
artist of some stature presumed to tell me how I should price my work,
here is a gift sent to me by Karen Goodrich. I still laugh so hard my
sides hurt every time I look at it. And I'm thinking I should have had
it stuck to the side of our car in Pittsburgh last week. LOL!

It's BIG (about 2' wide!) and it's that flexible magnetic stuff. So it
would be PERFECT on the car. ROFL!

Thank you, Karen, both for the cool and thoughtful gift AND for the
laughs this continues to give me!

Here's a pic:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/sign.gif

Tinkster

Old June 29th 04, 04:55 AM
Beadseeker

Umm, I don't actually remember the "Don't Poke the Tink" event. Could someone
re-cap it for me? Sounds like it was funny.
Thanks,
Patti (who left for all of a half-day & then decided controversy was a GOOD
thing)
Old June 29th 04, 11:49 AM
Beadseeker

http://snipurl.com/7eb7

Tink,
Of course, how could I have forgotten that??
Thanks for re-posting it for me.
Patti
Old June 29th 04, 11:02 PM
Tinkster

Hey! How was Italy????

On 29 Jun 2004 14:46:53 -0700, (katiewise)
wrote:

Thank you! I have a legitimate sign or 2 that I'd like done as well...

Katie

Old June 30th 04, 04:15 AM
katiewise

Italy was awesome, incredible, exhausting, fantastic, and a total gas.

The ride home on a military transport that had to do an emergency
landing (we had a *small* fuel leak... it only dumped 35,000lbs of
fuel in 5 minutes....) was a bit more interesting than I needed. I
got sick while in Italy (some sort of intestinal thingy that they
can't figure out), and the doctor in the Azores wanted me to be as
comfortable as possible on the ride from the Azores (off the coast of
Portugal) to Minneapolis. He gave me a sleeping pill and tranquilizer
combination that was garanteed to knock me out for 12 hours, easy.
Unfortunately, I needed to do an emergency evacuation off the
#@!*&!@##! airplane about 45 minutes after taking it.

Put it this way.... good thing the honor guard is comprised of 6
strong young men... I was carried to the plane's exit, tossed out and
then carried like a sack of flour to the control room. Got back on
the airplane 2 hours later in the exact same manner, reversed. *I*
don't remember a thing, but there were 42 witnesses who have given me
gory details.

I did manage to get some raw glass there, as well as a bunch of
beautiful pieces of sculpted Murano glass. I was reall looking forwar
to buying some beads while I was over there, but I didn't find
anything that could touch what the artists on this site can do!!!

I did NOT get to Murano or Venice...wah! I definitely want to go
back.

hmmm... A jewelry artists' tour of Europe: start in italy for glass,
up to Austria for crystal, over to Estonia for Amber, down through the
czech republic and poland for some of the detail work... what am I
missing (other than several thousands of dollars?!!)