~Ad~: A couple of new focals up - Tink

Old April 15th 04, 07:31 PM
Dr. Sooz

FWIW, I hate measuring too. I'm waiting for Dan to get faster with the
shipping so he has enough free time to make him do the measuring, LOL!

Kalera, I'll send you a very comprehensive bead size chart, and you can just
put the beads up onto it to measure. Much easier, I'd wager, than the method
you may be using now.

He only has four hours a week right now, and we've had so much shipping
he's barely had time to do anything else, but the very second he's got
it down, I'm setting him up with a bowl of beads and a ruler!

He's very nice. Wrote a little note on my invoice.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old April 15th 04, 09:24 PM
Kalera Stratton

Dr. Sooz wrote:

Kalera, I'll send you a very comprehensive bead size chart, and you can just
put the beads up onto it to measure. Much easier, I'd wager, than the method
you may be using now.

That would rock! Yes, I'm just using a clear ruler, which of course
everyone else in the house seems to like to walk off with!

He's very nice. Wrote a little note on my invoice.

He is the sweetest person on earth besides Moxley, I swear. I need to
post a pic of him to my website so you can have a face to go with his
name; he's this small, muscular redhead with long curls and a beard. He
looks just like my mental image of Pan! His girlfriend looks like a
Faerie queen, about 5'0" with long copper ringlets and delicate bones.
They're a perfect couple, and sooo adorable! Dan was Moxley's best man
at our wedding, and he helped us move our washer and dryer... a true
test of friendship.

~~
Sooz

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay
Old April 16th 04, 02:55 AM
Tinkster

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:32:50 -0700, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Kathy N-V
:

]Most of the beads I've seen fom you are of similar sizes. Take an ultra-fine
]sharpie and mark the likes at 18, 25, and 30 mm. That would take care of the
]vast majority of your beads, and would help you count the rest.
]
]If I'm wrong about the standard sizes, then use colored ultra-fine sharpies
]to mark off 5 mm increments (say, black for the 10, 20, 30, etc; and red for
]15, 25, 35, mm) It's a lot easier than counting all those little lines.
]
]The marker will last a long time without fading, but if it fades too quickly
]for you, a little clear nail polish will take care of that problem.

you are such a freakin' genius!!!

She is, isn't she???????????!!!!!!! Great idea! Of course, I am still
going to shoot for a digital caliper thingy. Toys... Love the toys!

Speaking of which, Prairieson got me a FLAME kite tonight and FLAME
PJs to work in!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tink
Rent-A-Tink Info via
Latest Work is he
http://snipurl.com/4y35
BEAD SALE he http://snipurl.com/5pfg
http://blackswampglassworks.com
Old April 16th 04, 03:10 AM
Tinkster

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:03:12 -0700, vj wrote:

oh, the images!!!!!!!

Heheheheh! Hair in pigtails... Flame britches on... Neon "Tink" sign
glowing ethereally... Ukranian folk music playing... Copal burning in
the censer...

Pretty much a normal night in the Great Black Swamp. LOL!

Old April 16th 04, 03:28 AM
Tinkster

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:17:05 -0700, vj wrote:

i really, really, really, really envy you.
and i'm GLAD for you, too!

Not a minute goes by that I don't count my blessings. I was so unhappy
for so long, it's a relief to feel so free. I love waking up and being
happy that I did. It hasn't always been like that for me...

I think the neighbors are scared of me, too, which is kinda cool. LOL!

Old April 16th 04, 05:25 AM
Tinkster

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:43:19 -0400, Kathy N-V
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:28:23 -0400, Tinkster wrote
(in message ):

I think the neighbors are scared of me, too, which is kinda cool. LOL!

I know, ain't it great?

heh, heh, heh,

Somehow, I always suspected you and I had that in common. LOL!

Tinkubus