a new pic..Super Conductor

Old March 11th 04, 08:57 PM
KJ

Default a new pic..Super Conductor

After you all listened patiently to my pleas for a musician fabric, I
thought I'd post a picture of the quilt I made with the "stand in" fabric.
I know it works pretty well, but I'm still thrilled to find the original one
and will be making a couple more little quilts from it. Then we can
compare!
The pattern is a block from "Jazz Attack" quilt that can be seen on the
Jukebox quilts website. In fact, that's where the original idea for the
layout is.....this isn't MY creation. I like to give credit where it's due!
--
Kathyl yup, that's an L

Old March 11th 04, 10:39 PM
Debbie

Awesome! I love it!

Debbie in MN
http://hometown.aol.com/dmoscarson/m...xtilearts.html

Old March 12th 04, 12:19 AM
Louise

That is cool!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old March 12th 04, 02:45 AM
Elaine in WNY

Hi Kathy,

Being part of a mini-group of quilters who also play in a community band, we
have been trying to come up with a quilt for the band to raffle......as a
money-making source. I love what you have done, and can't wait to see the
rest.

You have a great quilt show there. Thanks for letting me look thru all
your quilts. also was interested in the Convergence as I am taking a class
on that in April.

`Elaine in WNY

Old March 12th 04, 03:13 AM
KJ

Hi Elaine,
Thanks for your kind words. You can view the large quilt pattern ($$) and
the smaller block patterns at the link below:
http://gallery.bcentral.com/Gallery/...99403&Dept=101
939

I know I bought the pattern at another website on sale, but it was still
more than I usually pay for such things. However I just HAD to have hit.
And now that I've made the first one, I'm glad.

I've been collecting music fabrics for several years. If your community
band quilting group wants to make a raffle quilt, using the music fabrics
might be fun. I have been making black, white, and gray Ohio Star blocks
out of the music fabrics when the mood strikes me. At some point I will put
them all together in a large quilt. I'll try to take a picture of them for
the webshots page next time I have the digital camera fired up.
What do you play in the band? My DD is a music education/percussion
performance major, so I guess I'm a band nerd mom. I made two quilts for a
practice room to lessen the echo. They are a couple of my favorites and I
don't have digital pictures of them since my compute crashed. Luckily, I
can go over and retake the pictures sometime. One is a batik and the other
is of African fabrics and photo transfers.

The Convergence quilts are fun. Just make sure you have enough fabric
leftover for the borders. They really don't have much punch until the
borders are put on. It's a good exercise in accurate rotary cutting and
straight long seams!

Kathyl yup, that's an L

Old March 12th 04, 02:37 PM
Evie

"KJ" wrote in message
After you all listened patiently to my pleas for a musician fabric, I
thought I'd post a picture of the quilt I made with the "stand in"

fabric.
I know it works pretty well, but I'm still thrilled to find the original

one
and will be making a couple more little quilts from it. Then we can
compare!
The pattern is a block from "Jazz Attack" quilt that can be seen on the
Jukebox quilts website. In fact, that's where the original idea for the
layout is.....this isn't MY creation. I like to give credit where it's

due!
--
Kathyl yup, that's an L

Kathy,

I loved your quilt! My nephew just graduated from the Eastman School
of Music and is a jazz trombonist. I'm going to have to make that
pattern from Jukebox. Where did you get that audience fabric- it's
perfect for your quilt.

Evie

Old March 12th 04, 03:34 PM
KJ

Hi Evie,
Thanks for the compliment. The "audience" fabric is actually an orchestra
that can be found at EQuilter.com. It comes in two colorways, a black and
white and warm brown tones. The jazz trombonist from this pattern would be
a great gift! Did you look at the individual patterns from the Jukebox
quilts website? They have each block shown as a small quilt and you might
get an idea for the layout and borders from their example. I did. Have
fun!

Old March 12th 04, 11:33 PM
Coleen

Kathyl,

I love it. Superb job. Can't wait to see the future ones.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

Old March 12th 04, 11:46 PM
Elaine in WNY

Hey I know Eastman School of Music. It is in my backyard
practically.....only about 30 miles from me. Great School. I'd love to
know where that fabric was obtained also.

~Elaine in WNY

"Evie" wrote in message
om...

Super glue or shrink tubing RMS Knots 2 September 11th 04 02:44 AM
Red Heart Super Saver Yarn only $2.00 ea 8oz Skein Morbam Marketplace 0 January 11th 04 06:43 PM