Christmas Stocking help

Old December 15th 03, 01:45 PM
Jan Dunaway

Default Christmas Stocking help

Ok.... apparently my web site is in limbo at the moment, so I can't post
the pictures I took, but I made 4 stockings out of red and green
denim... nothing fancy just red stocking, green cuff or green stocking
with red cuff. I seem to be stumped at what to use for the hanging
loop. Denim seems like it would be too bulky by the time you have that
hemmed and attached to the hem at the cuff... looking at 4 to 6 layers
of denim there. So.... ribbon?? something course that would match the
texture of denim??? Ideas???????

Jan

Old December 15th 03, 02:08 PM
Jan Dunaway

That's a good idea!! Would Jo-anns or Hancocks carry that??????

Jan

Old December 15th 03, 02:09 PM
Diana Curtis

Ribbon works, or how about some fancy trim such as upholsterers use, or the
lighter weights. have fun with the choices!
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
nk.net...

Old December 15th 03, 02:52 PM
Diana Curtis

Joanns probably do, I dont know about Hancocks.. but even our Walmart
carries an interesting selection of trims. Im sure you can find it fairly
easily. Good luck on your hunt... I wish we could see the finished
stockings! I love stockings. They are such a nice small project to spend
time on.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
ink.net...

Old December 15th 03, 02:59 PM
clancy

Why not jute? I see kids with jute belts on their jeans all the time. Now
to put it on the stocking??? Maybe staple it on or I suppose you could sew
it to the inside. I just finished making two Christmas stockings from
flannel - and for hangers I used 6 strands of floss (which look like jute
from the colour) - put them inside at about the point where the cuff is
attached to the sock - they look good.

Sharon (N.B.)

Old December 15th 03, 03:32 PM
Jan Dunaway

Good to know, I was headed out to the big city to wally world as it is!
Thanks! And if you want, I can email you a pic! :-)

Jan

Old December 15th 03, 03:32 PM
Jan Dunaway

Now there's an idea, I may even have that in the house! Thanks Sharon!

Jan

Old December 15th 03, 03:47 PM
Diana Curtis

I would love a picture, thank you!
mdcurtis at baldwin-telecom dot net
Diana

Old December 15th 03, 04:25 PM
Butterfly

Made DH and I a denim set when we were first married---his a Cowboy Boot--
mine a 'high heeled boot' (we were living in WY at the time)
Hand-embroidered our Zodiac sign on each ; ) Still hang them every Christmas
: )

HTH
Butterfly

Old December 15th 03, 05:00 PM
Patti

Hullo Jan
Could you use a brass curtain ring? or something similar? Does it have
to be textile? Do you crochet? If so, you could make a nice little
short narrow piece of small stitch crochet - or macramé?
..
In article et, Jan
Dunaway writes
Ok.... apparently my web site is in limbo at the moment, so I can't
post the pictures I took, but I made 4 stockings out of red and green
denim... nothing fancy just red stocking, green cuff or green stocking
with red cuff. I seem to be stumped at what to use for the hanging
loop. Denim seems like it would be too bulky by the time you have that
hemmed and attached to the hem at the cuff... looking at 4 to 6 layers
of denim there. So.... ribbon?? something course that would match the
texture of denim??? Ideas???????

Jan

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Christmas stocking BDS2pds Needlework 9 October 10th 04 01:53 AM
Christmas stocking pattern Janner Quilting 2 September 25th 03 02:34 PM
Christmas Stocking pattern Janner Quilting 3 September 20th 03 08:19 PM
Great stocking stuffers for Christmas. See sites new format. Mary General Crafting 0 August 24th 03 12:34 AM
Christmas stocking needlepoint miss grunge Needlework 0 August 19th 03 03:57 AM