"Winter Into Spring" Mystery Project

Old January 30th 04, 01:46 PM
Pamela Kellogg

Default "Winter Into Spring" Mystery Project

I don't know how cold it is anywhere else, but here on the
Illinois/Wisconsin border, it's 10 below 0 this morning!

If you're trying to get through Winter, it's not too late to join our
"Winter Into Spring" Mystery Stitch Along Project!

You can find more info at the Kitty & Me BB:
http://pub13.ezboard.com/bpamkellogg .

Stay warm everyone!

Pam

Pamela Kellogg
Kitty & Me Country Crafts
http://www.kittyandme.com/

Newest freebie: Christmas Quilt Block

Current Mystery Stitch-Along:
"Winter Into Spring"

For more information:
http://pub13.ezboard.com/bpamkellogg

Old January 31st 04, 01:06 AM
explorer

I live just North of you. Our forecasted high for the past 2 days? 0°F.
Got to -4 yesterday and all the way up to -2 today. And all the schools
were closed due to the cold. It was determined to just be too dangerous to
have them waiting at busstops.

Old January 31st 04, 03:13 AM
Patricia Rogers

I live in northwest Illinois on the Iowa border, and our high was 2 I think.
Schools still open today but the wind was pretty chilly! Lows about -9
tonight. Good time to be stitching! And lots of snow forecast for Sunday.
This is a big change for a girl who grew up in deep South Texas and never
saw snow until she was 48!

Pat in Illinois

Old January 31st 04, 04:33 AM
CrossStitchGal

I live in southern Minnesota and it was 19 degrees below zero for the morning
commute today. Actual temp-not wind chill. Schools here are still open.
Their reasoning is that if they closed schools they fear some children would
be left in the weather waiting for buses that never came by parents who didn't
get the message that schools are closed!
--
Happy Stitching!
Kathy :-)
Old January 31st 04, 03:01 PM
Sharon Capps

"Pamela Kellogg" wrote in message

I don't know how cold it is anywhere else, but here on the
Illinois/Wisconsin border, it's 10 below 0 this morning!

Our low was -36F with wind chills about -52. Schools still were open. Our
highs for the last few days have been -25 and -22. I can't wait to see 0 or
above.
Sharon in MN

Old January 31st 04, 03:17 PM
Lisa Hurley

Our low was -36F with wind chills about -52. Schools still were open.
Our
highs for the last few days have been -25 and -22. I can't wait to see 0

or
above.
Sharon in MN

I can relate to that Sharon -- same kind of week here in Montana! When it
finally gets above zero, we'll think spring is here. :-)

Lisa

Old January 31st 04, 04:56 PM
Addie

We had several days in the -35C range with wind chills in the -50Cs.
Schools in the city stayed open, but the country schools only opened for
high school kids writing provincial final exams.

Addie

--

remove "nospam" to reply

Old January 31st 04, 05:35 PM
Rachel Janzen

CrossStitchGal wrote:

I live in southern Minnesota and it was 19 degrees below zero for the morning
commute today. Actual temp-not wind chill. Schools here are still open.
Their reasoning is that if they closed schools they fear some children would
be left in the weather waiting for buses that never came by parents who didn't
get the message that schools are closed!

Around here, the rural buses haven't gone most of the week. The schools
for the most part stay open. The reasoning in the city is that the kids
have somewhere to go then. I know going to school in a small town, I
lived 2 blocks from school, when the buses didn't run, the school's
stayed open, but it was up to the parent's whether or not they sent
their children. I remember going to school in the morning and then
staying home in the afternoon, because nothing was happening at school
any ways.

Rachel

Old January 31st 04, 08:05 PM
Pamela Kellogg

Sharon, it's 15 degrees here right now and it's still too cold for me! I'm
looking forward to some 30's again!