OT Society... was Banned from the Garden!--very long

Old July 25th 03, 03:17 AM
Gillian Murray

I stitched a great Ham chart for DH and myself. My old copy is on the
cross-stitch auction. I got it from Nyssa at Rivers Edge. It is named
Calling CQ. You might like to look at it on her site. I became a Ham because
we lived fulltime in our RV, and it was a great way for communication when I
was in a strange town, and he was back in the Motorhome. Now I have been
Treasurer of our local club for three years; the male treasurers for two
years before me had never balanced the checkbook against the bank account.
They were four hundred dollars short!!!! Needless to say, I insisted on some
sort of an audit before I took over the books. The old timers have really
been most unhappy on my insisting on receipts......but we now have a
balanced budget and 2400 dollars for our Repeater Development Fund. Not too
shabby!!

I quit at this election; both as Treasurer and membership Chairman!

Give your husband a 73 from me.

Gillian KC5TEN, and DH is KC5QWG. It ticks the Floridians off that we have a
Texas call.

"Hollis" wrote in message
om...
"Gillian Murray" wrote:
Wow, Hollis,

Another Skywarn Spotter on the group. Are you a Ham operator as well??

We
are having a working session this Saturday for shelter coverage. I have

only
had to call bad weather in once, but have also reported rainfall when a

net
has been set up. I know have my own weather station, wireless, and have

the
software to show the readings on my computer. It was interesting to note

the
largest gust 24 mpph,. and rainfall at a rate of 8 inches per hour, when

ne
of our quick and dirty afternoon storms come through. It didn't last

more
than 10 mins, but we landed up with 1/2 inch of rain.

Gillian

Nope. Just a spotter. My hubby got me into it after he became a ham
(KC0FXY), but I utterly refuse to get involved with the radio side.
The minute I do he's going to be filling my work area and vehicle with
radios and antennas and other sundry equipment!

My real reason for becoming a spotter was that I was terrified of
strong storms (having been through a couple tornados when I was a
kid). I figured that if I took the class I'd know when the weather was
bad and when it was REALLY BAD! Since then (4 years ago) we've made a
couple storm chasing runs, gotten some neat pictures,
(http://www.geocities.com/maxwell_che...1clouds2sm.jpg) but not
made any significant calls. The hubby accuses me of being more into
the weather now than most paid weather people. (I can usually predict
if a day is going to turn stormy or not from a look at the sky, radar
and K-index at 5:30 AM)

The hubby, bless his soul, keeps trying to get me to become a ham. I
let him do it, it gives him another hobby

---
Holly K.
WIPS: Noah's Ark Sampler - Teresa Wentzler / Bald Eagle - Sherrie
Stepp-Aweau / Primitive Santa - ??

www.tortpro.net