Trolls - OT but Germane to Advice on Studio Size Flap

Old August 5th 03, 03:27 PM
Jan Clauson

Default Trolls - OT but Germane to Advice on Studio Size Flap

I have been informed of a message-board nuisance called a troll. As it
was explained to me, they are called trolls for two reasons: 1. They
troll message boards making nasty comments in order to start an
argument, and 2. They are ugly little devils!

I am assured that if you don't feed them (i.e. answer their vituperation
in kind), they will go away.

Jan C.

P.S. Yeah, I know, I fell for his bait once myself. That's how I
learned about Trolls.

P.P.S. I like the two life-rules thing! I've got my WD-40 and duct tape
at the ready!

Old August 5th 03, 05:31 PM
AndWhyNot

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 15:08:40 GMT, "Clayslinger"
wrote:

I am assured that if you don't feed them (i.e. answer their vituperation
in kind), they will go away.

This is what I was trying to get across. He is only baiting us and it is
taking away from our discussions. Ignore him and he will likely find another
newgroup with which to amuse himself

Him ........ or Her .......... just a thought !

Old August 5th 03, 07:09 PM
Dominic Spencer

Thanks for the Troll info.....I'm a real newbie on newsgroups so it's news
to me.

**Time for the billy goats to take action.**

Dom S

ink.net...

Old August 6th 03, 05:35 AM
Clayslinger

Him ........ or Her .......... just a thought !

It! Has got to be an IT. Trolls have no gender, nor do they need any,
being too ugly to find anything to mate with anyhow :)

Funny, but when I wrote my original post I had put IT and then changed it to
him, thinking I was specifically targeting our recent troll - BOB.
IT does seem much more appropriate =-)