Foundry/Casting courses in UK

Old January 29th 04, 03:39 PM
Dan

Default Foundry/Casting courses in UK

I'm enquiring about foundry/casting courses in the UK on behalf of my
father. He want to cast gold/silver rings. I've seen book
recommendations
but he thinks it would be best to either learn from a course or from
someone
willing to show him. If there are no courses avaiable then what is the
recommended method of learning the trade? He has a casting machine but I
can't see him practising with real gold!

Thankyou

Dan

Old January 30th 04, 08:16 AM
Heinrich Butschal

Dan wrote:
I'm enquiring about foundry/casting courses in the UK on behalf of my
father. He want to cast gold/silver rings. I've seen book
recommendations
but he thinks it would be best to either learn from a course or from
someone
willing to show him. If there are no courses avaiable then what is the
recommended method of learning the trade? He has a casting machine
but I can't see him practising with real gold!

There is a company in Germany, mainly they want to sell their own casting
machines, however they make 2-day semiars for casting. Ask there,
and Frankfurt airport is not so far from UK.
http://www.horbach-giesstechnik.de

--
Heinrich Butschal
Beratung, Projektmanagement

Old February 7th 04, 11:17 PM
Andy Parker

Dan

Not aware of any courses, where in UK are you?
Some Colleges of FE have facilities as does school of jewellery in
Birmingham.
Could practice with brass or silver, both cheap enough.
What sort of 'casting machine'?
I do Delft clay (sand casting basically) and lost wax vacuum on a
small scale. If I can help let me know - location details etc on
website below.

Cheers

Andy Parker, Agate House Lapidary
Ulverston, Cumbria, England

www.agatehouse.co.uk
Tel: 01229 584023
Old February 10th 04, 03:47 PM
Alan

Dan,

You may find further help at the casting group below.

Alan Lewis
UK

To e-mail leave out REMOVEME from address.
news

Old February 10th 04, 03:48 PM
Alan

Dan,

You may find further help at the casting group below.

Alan Lewis
UK

To e-mail leave out REMOVEME from address.
"Dan" wrote in message
news
I'm enquiring about foundry/casting courses in the UK on behalf of my
father. He want to cast gold/silver rings. I've seen book
recommendations
but he thinks it would be best to either learn from a course or from
someone
willing to show him. If there are no courses avaiable then what is the
recommended method of learning the trade? He has a casting machine but I
can't see him practising with real gold!

Thankyou

Dan

hot glass/ kiln glass short courses nobby Glass 1 October 5th 04 10:46 PM
Neon Sign Courses BC Brian Glass 2 September 14th 04 01:20 AM
cost of glass working courses Allan Adler Glass 11 June 5th 04 10:56 AM
Courses in Warm and Hot Glass in MTL. Area R. Weisbloom Glass 1 July 14th 03 05:51 AM