Sorta OT

Old January 10th 04, 02:14 PM
Kristy Malarkey

Default Sorta OT

Hi Everyone,

I was recently involved in an accident that I should not have survived but I
did and only with cuts, bruises, and cracked ribs. I had a Panda and hit
head on with an esselti for those in the states its like the Geo Metro
hatchback meets the Mac Truck.

Its amazing how something like this makes you stop and re-evaluate your
life. And I realized that I have always dedicated my life to my job and not
much time to friends and family nor have I spent alot of time doing what I
like or thanked those who have helped me always thinking ah, there is
tomorrow.

With that in mind, I wanted to thank those in this group who have been
wonderful and helpful. Through this group I have developed the courage to
"break away" from pre packaged kits and if there is a pattern that I really
like but it only comes in a kit, that its okay to replace the fabric and
threads. I also developed the courage to strike out and try something other
than Aida cloth which is all I stitched on for many years with the help of
my Secret Stitcher friend who sent me a piece of linen. I was afraid to try
something new but with her encouragement I did it and stitched my first
piece on linen.

As I pulled a kit out for a bookmark (fitting for me at the moment as it
says believe in angels:-)) I found myself going to my stash and replacing
the aida with linen and the floss with overdyed and realized that I never
would have done that if it hadn't been for what I learned in this group. Of
course all of you are a bunch of enablers, I was introduced to linens,
overdyed and silk threads and learned that there was a whole world outside
of aida, DMC and anchor (and my craft room is proof of this discovery :-))
I now have a FOM subscription from Silkweavers as well as several Floss of
the month subscriptions and I mix and match everything, things I never would
have done before.

I would like to say thank you especially to Gill and Victoria for having
patience with me as I am slow about mailing things but I do get them mailed
:-) And Tia Mary for her wisdom and advice on trying new things and sharing
the wonders of Thread Heaven of which I don't know how I ever stitched with
out it and that is okay to "lick" the end of the thread to get it through
the needle when you can't find your needle threader and to everyone who gave
advice on scroll frames and how to attach items to the frame so that they
don't get misplaced :-)

So, thank you for everything and I am looking forward to many more years of
participating in this group, I just didn't want another day to go by without
saying thank you to many of you

Kristy

Old January 10th 04, 02:49 PM
Queen City Cross Stitcher

Dear Kristy,

Thank you for your kind words. Acknowledgment is never OT. I am glad
that you are safe.

Now can we tempt you into Hardanger or other styles in this world of
stitchery.

Love in Stitches XXXXXXX......./

Bobbie V.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bobbieviorritto

Old January 10th 04, 02:49 PM
Cheryl Isaak

{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}
Cheryl

Old January 14th 04, 05:35 AM
Deb Milner

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:14:19 +0100, "Kristy Malarkey"
wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I was recently involved in an accident that I should not have survived but I
did and only with cuts, bruises, and cracked ribs. I had a Panda and hit
head on with an esselti for those in the states its like the Geo Metro
hatchback meets the Mac Truck.

Ooooooowwwwwwww.......but thank goodness you are allright (relatively
speaking).

--
Deb

WIP: How Great Thou Art (Leisure Arts Greatest Hymns II)

Bead story, sorta Kalera Stratton Beads 35 December 10th 04 03:53 PM
Sorta AD: anyone need some size 8 delicas? Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 2 October 1st 04 03:00 PM
OT sorta, AD sorta, burned myself Kandice Seeber Beads 29 June 12th 04 06:30 AM
I'm back, sorta! c driver Beads 3 April 8th 04 10:53 PM
OT - sorta - Cahrity Auction Question KDK Beads 10 April 6th 04 03:36 PM