Help With a Border

Old July 3rd 04, 11:58 PM
jakesimah

Default Help With a Border

I'm trying to convert a mosaic that I took a picture of into a pattern, but
I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to do part of the border! It looks
something like this:

@@@@@
@ @
@ @ @
@ @@@
@
@@@@@

but curving up on either end, and rounded, not square. If anyone knows of a
border out there, I would greatly appreciate it! I'm trying to do this on
Pattern Maker, but I'm thinking of trying out a different program. Any
suggestions? Thanks for your helpful suggestions!

Gyla

Old July 4th 04, 12:00 AM
The Lady Gardener

"jakesimah" wrote in message
I'm trying to convert a mosaic that I took a picture of into a pattern, but
I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to do part of the border! It looks
something like this:

@@@@@
@ @
@ @ @
@ @@@
@
@@@@@

There are zillions of these in one of the "Dover" books on borders and
alphabets........I can dig out the actual name if you are interest, this
little book is about the best $9 I've ever spent.

Joanne

Old July 4th 04, 12:31 AM
jakesimah

Joanne,

That would be great! Thanks!

Gyla

Old July 4th 04, 02:03 PM
The Lady Gardener

Ok, I've dug out the book and it is called Needlework Alphabets and Designs
edited by Blanche Cirker. ISSN 0-486-23159-3, and I recalled correctly it
is a Dover book
This does have some really stunning alphabets and borders in it and having
just read the inner pages for the first time in many years I find it is a
reproduction of a De Dillmont publication!

I hope you can locate this book.

Joanne

"jakesimah" wrote in message
Joanne,

That would be great! Thanks!

Gyla

Old July 5th 04, 12:39 AM
Gyla Carter

Thanks! I've found it out in Amazon under used books. Does it have a border
like I'm trying to find? I'm sure it's great and all, but would hate to buy
it and it not have what I need.

Gyla

Old July 5th 04, 10:13 AM
The Lady Gardener

HI Gyla

The border you are trying to create is akin to the greek key sort of thing,
and there are several very similar in this little book. I also have a
celtic book about somewhere which has some too.

If you could find this book in a library near you, you could browse it
before making the leap of faith into purchase.

Joanne

Old July 5th 04, 03:36 PM
Gyla Carter

Thanks, I'll look at the library sometime this week... Of course, all I
dreamed about last night was this thing, so I think I've got it figured out
now. Been working for two hours on it so far... DS is ready to commit
matricide (??) because he wants on the computer!