The Incredible Growing Wrap..A Happy Ending

Old August 9th 04, 07:09 PM
Gallagher

Default The Incredible Growing Wrap..A Happy Ending

Well, it's just about done, and 6" shorter than it was originally!

I did a row of zig zag stitching on my sewing machine, and cut off the
extra. Then I bought some Cha-Cha in black, combined it with some black
sport weight yarn, and did a hem. I picked up stitches on the wrong side,
just did a few rows of garter stitch, then folded the hem over the fuzzy
bits from the cutting, and stitched it in place.

So now I have a nice fluffy black border on the edges, and am pleased.
(Thanks, Mirjam, for your idea!)

Someday, I hope to put some photos up. Now I can start my latest project - a
Drops pattern in Karisma for my DH. He is in sticker shock from the price of
yarn, but it will be an heirloom...right?

Abi

Old August 9th 04, 07:48 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Abi,

Boy you are a lot braver than I am. I don't think I would have the nerve to do
that.

Hugs,

Nora
Old August 9th 04, 09:54 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

WELL DONE ABI
May you have many kiniiting without problems ,, and if you make a
problem here or there ,,, Just enjoy the challenge !!! any way here in
the east we say that Only God makes no mistakes ..
mirjam