OT cooking question - too much heat

Old February 7th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

Default Soup recipes (was OT cooking question - too much heat)

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

Yeah, but only as far as my dining room table. ;-P

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)

Hmmm. I know just where that is :-)

marcella

Should I set a place for you tonight?

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old February 7th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Default Boat motor / stick mixer

I love mine -Braun, cost 20 euros which at the time (3 years ago) was about
$25. I like to puree soups, and transferring hot liquid to a blender or
processor was always mad, bad and dangerous. And waiting for the soup to
cool seemed just too slow. The blade part comes off and can go in the
dishwasher.
Roberta in D

"Polly Esther" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I've been considering adding a boat motor / stick mixer to my kitchen
gadget collection. Do you use it often? for what? or is it just
something else to clutter up the kitchen? The price range for them is
interesting ranging from about $35 to about $200. Do you have a fancy one
or the discount model and is there an advantage? Inquiring minds need to
know. Polly

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote, in part If you like a "creamy" soup, use the
boat motor (ie stick
mixer) on it for a couple of minutes. I'm usually too lazy to bother, and
besides, I like the whole lentils.

Old February 7th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

I have a stick mixer and I don't use it as much as I thought I would. My DH
likes his soup chunkless, so I always blend his up and leave mine chunky. I
don't like how it does mashed potatoes - too whipped for my taste. I
wouldn't spend any more then the minimum amount for one. I got mine at BB
and Beyond with a 20% off coupon.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old February 7th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Cauliflower soup? Broccoli and squash soup? YUMMMY

Feel free to send me the recipes. We are vegetarian here and I am always
looking for good soup recipes. You can send them to my email address.

poo_de_dooatyahoodotcom Change as necessary

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/poo_de_doo/myphotos

"mini Mini" wrote in message
. 54...
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in
. net:

Yeah, but only as far as my dining room table. ;-P

I'll be there ASAP! I love soup! Yesterday I made cauliflower soup. Just
put on the veggies, some chicken broth & zing it will the stick blender.
Yum. I do the same with broccoli & pumpkin. My lentil soup is almost the
same as yours but I don't up in sausage nor tomatos.

Old February 7th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

And forward them on to me as well.

--

"Boca Jan" wrote in message
Cauliflower soup? Broccoli and squash soup? YUMMMY

Feel free to send me the recipes. We are vegetarian here and I am always
looking for good soup recipes. You can send them to my email address.

poo_de_dooatyahoodotcom Change as necessary

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/poo_de_doo/myphotos

"mini Mini" wrote in message
. 54...
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in
. net:

Old February 7th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

Yeah, but only as far as my dining room table. ;-P

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)

Hmmm. I know just where that is :-)

marcella

Should I set a place for you tonight?

I wish. Husband comes home from a work trip. We're having chicken and
rice soup - made from leftover roast chicken (dinner Monday). Supposed
to rain and that always makes for good soup weather.

marcella
Old February 7th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"Boca Jan" wrote:

Cauliflower soup? Broccoli and squash soup? YUMMMY

Feel free to send me the recipes. We are vegetarian here and I am always
looking for good soup recipes. You can send them to my email address.

poo_de_dooatyahoodotcom Change as necessary

Here's the cauliflower soup we like...

Creamy Cauliflower Soup

4 C chicken broth
1 head cauliflower - washed and sliced thinly; about 4 cups
1 medium potato peeled and diced
1 medium onion diced
salt and white pepper to taste
grated cheddar cheese

Combine vegetables and broth in a large pot. Bring to a boil and then
reduce to simmer. Cook until the vegetables are soft (20-30 minutes).
Puree in blender or food processor. Season to taste and stir in cheese.

marcella
Old February 7th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

What's rain?

Taria, I know I am back in the desert but this is ridiculous!

Old February 7th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho

Wish I had a son of any age that would buy all the groceries and do most of
the cooking! What a deal! My oldest soon loves to cook, but he lives 2000
miles away from me!
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
We had one which my youngest son used to mix his milk shakes and
smoothies. He took it with him to his new home. It did a great job on
his drinks but I could never figure out how to dismantle it to wash it
properly. Just ran it in some sudsy water and rinsed it. He never died
from any bugs on the blades so I guess it is OK. My major method of
cooking is to remove something from the freezer and put it in the
microwave. This technique does not require a mixer of any type. The
son who still lives at home has a large stand mixer which he uses
often and enjoys. My second method for cooking is to take leftovers he
has prepared and warm them in the microwave. Some ask why we allow our
30 year old son to live at home. He doesn't pay rent. Instead he buys
all the groceries and does 75% of the cooking. Who would want a
personal chef to move? No, he didn't learn to cook from me. He tells
people he had to learn because I never cooked. This is a stretch but I
certainly never cooked from scratch like he does. He learned most of
it by watching the cooking shows on TV.

Susan

Old February 7th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

wrote:

I've been considering adding a boat motor / stick mixer to my kitchen gadget
collection. Do you use it often? for what? or is it just something else to
clutter up the kitchen? The price range for them is interesting ranging
from about $35 to about $200. Do you have a fancy one or the discount model
and is there an advantage? Inquiring minds need to know. Polly

I've seen several in the kitchens of various friends. Only one was
outside of it's original box, and it was used for making soap, not
food.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at