dress zippers

Old July 11th 05, 06:18 PM
Taria

Default dress zippers

Is there a reason that sometimes a dress zipper will not lie flat
at the bottom of the zipper. I haven't put in many zippers in a long
time but want this one to look nice. Also, I am working with invisible
ones.
Any suggestions or tips?
TIA, TAria

Old July 11th 05, 06:27 PM
Kate Dicey

Atria wrote:

Is there a reason that sometimes a dress zipper will not lie flat
at the bottom of the zipper. I haven't put in many zippers in a long
time but want this one to look nice. Also, I am working with invisible
ones.
Any suggestions or tips?
TIA, TAria

I have a leaflet scanned in - do you want a copy?

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old July 11th 05, 07:49 PM
BEI Design

Taria wrote:
Is there a reason that sometimes a dress zipper will not lie
flat at the bottom of the zipper. I haven't put in many zippers in a
long time but want this one to look nice. Also, I am working
with invisible ones.
Any suggestions or tips?
TIA, TAria

Look at the pictures on page 5 at:

http://home.comcast.net/~beidesign/w...ome.html-.html

You'll see how I finish the seam below invisible zippers. I hand sew
the first inch-or-so below the zipper, then use a zipper foot to sew
the rest of the seam.

HTH,

--
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply

Old July 11th 05, 08:07 PM
Pat in Virginia

Reason? Too many donuts!
Tips? Celery.
PAT, snickering in VA/USA

Old July 11th 05, 08:20 PM
Taria

No that isn't my problem Pat. My fat all goes to my
middle not my behind. Besides while dh has been cutting
fat and cholesterol I have lost almost 10 lbs.!
Taria

Pat in Virginia wrote:

Reason? Too many donuts!
Tips? Celery.
PAT, snickering in VA/USA

Old July 13th 05, 08:12 AM
Cynthia Spilsted

With invisible zippers, the rule of thumb is to sew the zipper in first and
then finish the seam. I have always sewn the last stitches by hand - blind
stitching from the right side and then going through the fabrics to anchor
the end of the zipper before cutting it to length. (Hope that makes sense
to you - it's a kind of thread zip stop.) I've never had a problem with the
bulge at the end of the zipper that way and I use invisible zippers by
choice. I like the way they blend right in, becoming just another seam -
especially nice when the zip is on the side of an evening dress.
Cynthia
PS If you feel you must sew the pieces together first (I know, old habits
die hard) then just baste them together. That way, when the zipper is in
the basting can be removed ...
"Taria" wrote in message
newsDzAe.5752$Zy6.2027@trnddc04...
No that isn't my problem Pat. My fat all goes to my
middle not my behind. Besides while dh has been cutting
fat and cholesterol I have lost almost 10 lbs.!
Taria

Pat in Virginia wrote:

Reason? Too many donuts!
Tips? Celery.
PAT, snickering in VA/USA

Old July 13th 05, 08:29 AM
Kate Dicey

romanyroamer wrote:

Me to please Kate.......Amelia

On its way...

OT Dress Joke Pat in Virginia Quilting 6 July 14th 04 04:02 AM
knitted aran sweater dress [email protected] Yarn 6 December 23rd 03 04:43 PM