Curtains that open and close with ease !!!

Old January 3rd 04, 08:21 PM
Margaret

"josepea" wrote in message
om...
I recently put up a wooden curtain pole with wooden rings for the
curtains. When I put the curtain up I found it difficult to shut and
open the curtains with ease ?I didn't use a heavy fabric either.

try waxing the pole, that will be less friction on the rings. also a wand
attached to the center ring will help the drape to open easier. Margaret.

Old January 4th 04, 10:11 PM
SewStorm

I just want to thank all the people who suggested I use furniture wax
on the pole!!! I was sceptical, but I finally got the pole down waxed
it and put the rings up. The curtains open and shut with ease !!

Congratulations, Josepea!

Sometimes the simple solution works the best.

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old January 5th 04, 04:00 AM

Curtains that open and close with ease !!!

(josepea)
snip
...keen on trying eyelet headed curtains though- anybody tried them ?
Josepea
---
D'ya mean curtains or drapes with metal eyelets set into the
header/metal eyelet tape/, or: eyelet fabric with a rod threaded through
the eyelet holes, or: do you plan to make buttonholes for eyelets, and
thread the pole through the buttonholes?
All very do-able. I did buy lace sheers (curtains) with buttonhole
eyelets already made, and simply threaded a slim rod through the
buttonholes, but I don't think that is what you mean.
You can buy lengths of the curtain header tape set with large metal
eyelets, appropriate for a casual drapery style, or for making shower
curtains.
Depends on how you use them, as they are a strong design element.
Cutting edge designers use the heavy eyelet tape on drapes in sleek,
minimalist interiors. They'd look silly used, for example, on the velvet
drapes I am making for DM, hanging in her posh drawing room, amid her
frills and china.
Cea