I'm back!

Old January 13th 14, 09:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default I'm back!

I am finally back on line!
( https://archive.org/details/iuma-ankou_technica track 1)

My ethernet card died the death which cut me off from my modem. I could
have connected directly to the modem, but then as that would have
disconnected the whole LAN everybody else in the house would have killed
me dead. This is my second card in 3 weeks, they sent the wrong one the
first time. I missed all the news and everything else since before
Christmas.

The christmas goodie boxes went out on schedule for a wonder. Not quite
as much variety as I usually do, but since I had to have a good bit of
help this year it had to do. Feedback was that once again the pwnicorns
beat the heck out of the treebears. The pwnicorns are weiser lebkuchen
cut out with unicorn cookie cutters. Their first year DD felt they
needed eyes and used silver dragees, giving them a harsh and steely
glare. That and the fact that whenever she makes them (she did again
this year) she manages to get a rather hard cookie, definitely a dunker,
they were dubbed pwnicorns. The treebears are the honey gingerbread from
the Pooh cookbook, rather delicate for gingerbread. I usually use like
any other gingerbread and cut out boys and girls and things, The other
DD felt that since they were Pooh gingerbread, they had ought to be
bears. Then she thought to try and make red shirts on them with red
sugar. They wound up looking rather bloody, so she made a damaged
"gorylocks" to go with the "tree bears" Tree bears lurk in trees and
jump down on passing strangers to bite their heads off. Apparently these
two wholly fictional creatures have taken an immense dislike to each
other, for every year there is evidence of an intense battle in the
Christmas hampers whereby the treebears are gored to pieces, and a few
pwnicorns have their horns broken off. I have suggested to DH that a
liberal application of bubble wrap and appropriate isolation chambers
might be in order. He insists that if we just pack the boxes tighter all
will be well. He is so wrong!

I've gotten some knitting and small scale dyeing done. They have put me
on a new NSAID drug that seems to be helping my back immensely.
Hopefully we can get this thing sorted out soon and I can get back to
hefting massive bed quilts and dye pots about.
On that note, I am planning to make myself a few "utility" corsets to
deal with this stupid hernia. I've tried some of the more inexpensive
support garments and they work, but they wear out rather quickly and are
much more uncomfortable than a well fitted corset. Plus over the years I
have developed a serious dislike for garments that sproing elastic thread
ends out all over.
Some of my small scale dye projects have been test swatches for that
pictorial quilt I have have drawn out. So I will have a relatively small
project to go to if this drags on. Heck I have enough thought and work
invested in it I will probably go to it even if the back thing does not
drag on.

NightMist

OT I'm back melinda[_2_] Quilting 11 March 5th 08 12:53 AM
I think I'm back Ruth Carlos Quilting 8 October 17th 07 04:48 PM
We're Back!!! Eureka Stamps website is back! Sidny Rubberstamps 0 November 20th 05 09:02 PM
I'm Back! Ranee Mueller Yarn 11 June 9th 05 06:52 PM
OT sorta : Back home and back online - long Heather Cross Quilting 3 May 11th 04 03:45 AM