sizing machine embroidery?

Old January 6th 04, 11:09 PM
star8

Default sizing machine embroidery?

I am learning to use a Simplicity Embroidery machine (Brother equiv),
a very basic beginner machine.
I recently purchased a disk of designs which i successfully converted
to PES format using my amazing box, and want to know if it is possible
to resize the designs as they were originally received (which is
rather large).
The steps I followed we put design disk in computer, open designs,
open Amazing Box window, open chosen file pictures and add them to
amazing box design boxes, save to disk in PES format, put disk in
sewing machine and sew design.
This works great, but when i sew it, i do not have an option on the
sewing machine to "enlarge or reduce", a choice which is available for
the preloaded designs that came with the machine. (set - layout-
size). Is it possible to resize the designs BEFORE they get saved in
the right format?
If it helps, i also have Click n Stitch (which i'm still learning)
and Embroidery Magic 2 (which I have just opened).
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Old January 7th 04, 08:59 AM
Valkyrie

"star8" wrote in message
om...
I am learning to use a Simplicity Embroidery machine (Brother equiv),

gentley snipped

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I can't help you on this since my embroidery machine is completely different
from yours and I have no idea what you are talking about, however.......head
on over to the alt.sewing.mach-embroider newsgroup. Nice bunch of people
and surely somebody will be able to help you.

Good luck,
Val

Old January 11th 04, 01:03 PM
Warrior_13

If you are using Embird, it will open the design for you. Then choose
Editor, design will open in editor. You can then resize and save it in
format you need.
You are correct, you cannot resize designs from the card once it is in the
machine.
Most any embroidery software will also resize for you. The software you are
using is just for that purpose; transferring designs to the card.
Good luck.

Old January 12th 04, 08:16 PM
Åsa W

"Warrior_13" skrev i
meddelandet ...
If you are using Embird, it will open the design for you.

Then choose
Editor, design will open in editor. You can then resize

and save it in
format you need.
You are correct, you cannot resize designs from the card

once it is in the
machine.
Most any embroidery software will also resize for you. The

software you are
using is just for that purpose; transferring designs to

the card.
Good luck.

Good advice here! Emnird is available in a 30 day free,
fully functional demo at www.embird.com It´s a great
program!

Good luck!!
Asa

FAQ for RCTQ Feb Diana Curtis Quilting 7 February 2nd 05 04:08 PM
FAQ RCTQ for newbies and oldtimers alike Diana Curtis Quilting 15 January 11th 04 06:20 PM
Machine Embroidery FUN!! Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 8 November 21st 03 02:41 AM
CHINESE EMBROIDERY HISTORY & MORE Zoe Marketplace 0 August 7th 03 06:46 AM
A Little OT - Have an Embroidery Machine? Melissa in NJ Quilting 0 August 7th 03 03:08 AM