Has anyone made this project from this simplicity pattern?

Old January 1st 04, 06:08 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: (the other one)

..... I found an atenna to a remote
control vehicle that worked reasonably well, but my son broke it. ........

DH says to use a "whip antenna" as they are quite thing, very strong and
still very flexible. You should be able to get replacement whip antennas at
car repair stores or try online. PLEASE -- post and let us know what you find
that works, OK? CiaoMeow ^;;^
..

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old January 1st 04, 08:36 PM
Judy

I made the fish, going by the ideas presented here. I thought it was
pretty cool. My sister-n-laws cats,(who were the recepient of the project)
actually fight over it on occasion. Of course, if it is any of the other
items, never made them.

Judy in AZ

http://www.elnausa.com/projects/0206...06fishtail.pdf
"ferret_lover" wrote in message
Hi everyone. I'm not really new here, but I dont post a lot. I'm more
of a lurker. I'm learning to sew and trying to get some insight on some
of the things about this sewing stuff. I recently purchased a
Simplicity Pattern # 9004. It is pet crafts-making a "tent" bed, a
"fish" bed, and a little "house" bed. Has anyone made this project by
chance? Just thought maybe i'd get some helpful advise if they found
that something worked better for them etc. etc.

TIA,

Krystal and the fuzzies

Old January 1st 04, 08:44 PM
Judy

I forgot to mention, I didn't have a fancy machine when I made this.
Straight stitch and couple of zig-zag capabilities. Did my own thing with
one of the zig-zag stitches for the scales, it still came out really cute.
I hand embroidered the eyes. I think those were the two things that varied
the most from the directions given on the Elna site.

Old January 1st 04, 11:15 PM
Pogonip

ferret_lover wrote:
Hi everyone. I'm not really new here, but I dont post a lot. I'm more
of a lurker. I'm learning to sew and trying to get some insight on some
of the things about this sewing stuff. I recently purchased a
Simplicity Pattern # 9004. It is pet crafts-making a "tent" bed, a
"fish" bed, and a little "house" bed. Has anyone made this project by
chance? Just thought maybe i'd get some helpful advise if they found
that something worked better for them etc. etc.

TIA,

Krystal and the fuzzies

I "knew" I had seen this somewhere, and it only took 10
pages of Google to find it - where I should have looked
first. Birch Street, of course. Look at
http://www.birchstreetclothing.com/p...age14.html#Pet

They sell just the wires, or the whole thing.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
Life is about the journey, not about the destination.

Old January 2nd 04, 08:20 AM
CW

Go to a kite shop. Every kind of fiberglass and carbon rod and tube you
could want.

"the other one" wrote in message
om...
I have made the tent, and wish I could find the fiberglass poles like
they use in camping tents. It works up pretty easy and fast, though.

"Atom1" wrote in message

Have not made it myself but if you go to www.patternreview.com you can

see
if someone else has. It's an easy site to navigate.
HTH,
Michelle

Old January 4th 04, 03:08 AM
Kate Dicey

the other one wrote:

"Joy Stafford-Evans" wrote in message news:UwOIb.709861$Tr4.1793223@attbi_s03...
Try using heavy weight string trimmer line as the poles for the tent. Have
it curve the opposite of the way it was wound on the spool.

Joy S-E

Simplicity Pattern # 9004. It is pet crafts-making a "tent" bed, a
"fish" bed, and a little "house" bed.

That doesn't work, neither does boning. I found an atenna to a remote
control vehicle that worked reasonably well, but my son broke it.
What I really want is spring steel like they use in those collapsable
windshield sun shades. Regular tent poles are too heavy and don't
bend easily enough. I saw some in something that were narrower and
with more give. I just can't find anywhere to buy them.

Try an outdoors gear/mountaineering shop; they often sell replacement
steel and fibreglass tent poles.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old January 4th 04, 04:46 AM
Penny S

custom tent poles
www.polesforyou.com

Penny S

Old January 12th 04, 12:35 AM
Cynthia Spilsted

Hi the
I used the pvc tubing that you can find in plumber's shops to hold up 'beds'
such as those. They have enough body to keep the shape up and don't rust,
etc.. I thought of it because a lot of hiking tents use a similar idea.
Cynthia
"forgottenmuse" wrote in message
ferret_lover wrote:

Hi everyone. I'm not really new here, but I dont post a lot. I'm more
of a lurker. I'm learning to sew and trying to get some insight on some
of the things about this sewing stuff. I recently purchased a
Simplicity Pattern # 9004. It is pet crafts-making a "tent" bed, a
"fish" bed, and a little "house" bed. Has anyone made this project by
chance? Just thought maybe i'd get some helpful advise if they found
that something worked better for them etc. etc.

TIA,

Krystal and the fuzzies

I recently bought this same pattern and plan on eventually making the

"fish"
bed for my cats. I also would love to hear of anyone's experience with

this
pattern. I'm not even sure yet of what fabric and color combinations I

want
to use. I got a big stack of Simplicity patterns when JoAnns had them on
sale for 99 cents a few weeks ago. I wonder if I will ever get around to
using them all? Well, at that price I figured they are good to have on
hand!

Bonnie

Old January 12th 04, 01:41 PM
the other one

"CW" wrote in message ...
Go to a kite shop. Every kind of fiberglass and carbon rod and tube you
could want.

"the other one" wrote in message
om...
I have made the tent, and wish I could find the fiberglass poles like
they use in camping tents. It works up pretty easy and fast, though.

Thanks for that suggestion CW. There's no such thing as a kite shop
anywhere near here, but I did look on the internet and found Goodwinds
Kites. Found the fiberglass tubes, and solid fiberglass. Got the
solid in 2 different sizes (the smallest 1/16", and 1/8"). Both were
sturdy, very flexible and come in 48" lengths, the exact size for this
pet tent pattern. They also cut easily to any size needed, and
inexpensive. I put the 1/8" in my tent, but a slightly smaller size
will work.

Thanks again!
Gail