Twenty pounds of yarn

Old November 12th 04, 04:25 PM
NoraBalcer

Default Twenty pounds of yarn

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know what 20 pounds of yarn looks and feels like? Well, I do now.
Back in July, Janise gave me the address of Coats and Clark to send them a
letter stating that I did charity crocheting for Project Linus. I did that and
thought nothing of it again. Yesterday while DH and I were mowing and raking
leaves, the UPS man drove up and handed me a big box. In it was 20 pounds of
yarn from them. I took it out and put it on the table last night and I have 64
skeins of lovely yarn, some solid colors and some variegated. Most of it is
worsted weight and is either 6 or 8 oz skeins. What a treasure of yarn and with
my new crochet books I have plenty of ideas for afghans for charity.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 12th 04, 05:05 PM
JoyceG in WA

Nora -

What a heart-warming (pun intended!) story! It's so nice to hear about a
corporation that supports an individual's charity work. Sounds like you have
enough yarn to keep you busy for a while!

Smiling )
JoyceG in WA

Nora shared some neat news:

Old November 12th 04, 05:09 PM
Stella Fenley

Nora,
That was real sweet of Janise ,to do that,plus all the little kids will not
only feel warm on the outside ,they will have a warm place in their hearts
for a special lady,because you make beautiful blankets for them.you make
something special for them.. Congratulations,Nora.
Stella

Old November 12th 04, 05:10 PM
norma woods

How wonderful Nora!

--
Star love,
Norma

Old November 12th 04, 06:18 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi,

Stella, thanks for the compliments on my crocheting, but you do beautifull work
for the children at the local hospitals too.

Hugs,

Nora

Old November 12th 04, 07:17 PM
Seaspray

Hi Nora,

That was a very uplifting story you wrote. You do so many nice things for
people, with secret projects and charity work, that I cannot think of a more
deserving person to receive such a nice package.

I am sure there are many who will benefit and you will have great pleasure
in creating and giving. Congrats!

Diane

Need name of yarn Linda Yarn 8 April 8th 04 06:05 PM
Using Homespun question Denise Yarn 8 January 8th 04 03:09 PM
My yarn addiction Elsa Yarn 24 December 17th 03 04:30 AM
FA Lots of Vintage Yarn! Noru, Pingouin, Lopi, More! DorothyRose1912 Marketplace 0 November 14th 03 02:19 AM
Aaaaaaaagghhh!! Slippery yarn rant... CMM PDX2 Yarn 8 September 1st 03 07:27 PM