So, what's everyone working on?

Old October 6th 09, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
NDJoan

Default So, what's everyone working on?

I'm still on my nativity set. I just finished the last shepherd and
have started on one of the wisemen. Three wisemen and 2 camels to
go!

I'd really like to get the pieces I have stuffed and finished so I can
display them this Christmas.

Joan
Old October 6th 09, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"NDJoan" wrote in message
I'm still on my nativity set. I just finished the last shepherd and
have started on one of the wisemen. Three wisemen and 2 camels to
go!

I'd really like to get the pieces I have stuffed and finished so I can
display them this Christmas.

Joan

I'm having a problem with cramps in my hands, mostly my left and haven't
been able to do much for more then a very, very short period of time for
about two weeks now.

I suppose a sit on frame would help, but I don't have one. Is there a
cheapie that I can buy that might work for me short term?

I hate to spend a lot for something I really don't like to use.

I did try one a while back and found it not to my liking.

Lucille

Old October 6th 09, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/6/09 11:12 AM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

"NDJoan" wrote in message
I'm still on my nativity set. I just finished the last shepherd and
have started on one of the wisemen. Three wisemen and 2 camels to
go!

I'd really like to get the pieces I have stuffed and finished so I can
display them this Christmas.

Joan

I'm having a problem with cramps in my hands, mostly my left and haven't
been able to do much for more then a very, very short period of time for
about two weeks now.

I suppose a sit on frame would help, but I don't have one. Is there a
cheapie that I can buy that might work for me short term?

I hate to spend a lot for something I really don't like to use.

I did try one a while back and found it not to my liking.

Lucille

Have you tried a table frame?

Cheryl

Old October 6th 09, 08:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 10/6/09 11:12 AM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

"NDJoan" wrote in message
I'm still on my nativity set. I just finished the last shepherd and
have started on one of the wisemen. Three wisemen and 2 camels to
go!

I'd really like to get the pieces I have stuffed and finished so I can
display them this Christmas.

Joan

I'm having a problem with cramps in my hands, mostly my left and haven't
been able to do much for more then a very, very short period of time for
about two weeks now.

I suppose a sit on frame would help, but I don't have one. Is there a
cheapie that I can buy that might work for me short term?

I hate to spend a lot for something I really don't like to use.

I did try one a while back and found it not to my liking.

Lucille

Have you tried a table frame?

Cheryl

No comfortable area where I can use a table. I like to curl up on my
loveseat and any table would be too high in that spot.

Old October 6th 09, 09:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

A bunch of stuff underway:

Just started to crochet a throw for my mom for Christmas in colors to
coordinate with her new sofa.

Doing a Margaret Sherry design from her 2009 calendar (Domestic Goddess
- a cooking cat) for an ornament for a coworker.

Started an ornament (and plan to do a few more) from Emie Bishop's new
pattern, Christmas Quilt http://www.emiebishopdesigns.com/newsletter.html

quilting a couple of table runners for Christmas/birthday gifts

Every night I play "eenie meenie minie moe" before I sit down to stitch!
VBG

This weekend I plan to add Yo-Ho-Ho-Ho into the lineup:
http://www.suehillisdesigns.net/Prod...html?plu=PS136

Sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old October 6th 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 10/6/09 10:58 AM, "NDJoan" wrote:

I'm still on my nativity set. I just finished the last shepherd and
have started on one of the wisemen. Three wisemen and 2 camels to
go!

I'd really like to get the pieces I have stuffed and finished so I can
display them this Christmas.

Joan

What a great idea - finishing the finishes!

Sadly, I am still finishing up the serious things. So close - almost done -
and planning a day of stitching tomorrow to finish up the last bits and send
off my package to ANG.

After that, I have a Quaker Diamond project challenge - which Donna is also
doing. I've convinced myself to be editorial, and do a small piece for the
challenge (due at chapter meeting in January), and then follow up with a
larger piece that I really want to do after. In the meantime, I have a
family of lovely Gloriana silks and a piece of deepish green (IIRC it's
something like stormy meadow) with some blue undertones from Lakeside that
is waiting to be played with. First I have to set up the design - the
instructor gave us a couple of sheets of motifs that we are to use in some
fashion, and we get to go to it. What fun.

In the meantime, I'm actually planning (post finishing the serious work
tomorrow) to work diligently on my "Spring Morning" silk/metal trame' & or
nue' piece. And a bit on the Jane Zimmerman gold & silk piece - as I'd like
to have progress before going to my chapter meetings next week. Last week I
was all set to work on the Spring Morning, went to stitch group Thursday
a.m. As I didn't have to work. Restretched the piece, get all set, and
realize that I don't have the chart booklet. Yuck. I was able to finish
one flower petal, and part of another as I could remember/see the pattern
for those clearly. But none else. Talk about feeling foolish - though it
gave the rest of the group a good laugh.

ellice

Old October 6th 09, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 10/6/09 11:12 AM, "Lucille" wrote:

"NDJoan" wrote in message
I'm still on my nativity set. I just finished the last shepherd and
have started on one of the wisemen. Three wisemen and 2 camels to
go!

I'd really like to get the pieces I have stuffed and finished so I can
display them this Christmas.

Joan

I'm having a problem with cramps in my hands, mostly my left and haven't
been able to do much for more then a very, very short period of time for
about two weeks now.

Sorry to hear that. I got some of the compression gloves, not the
hand-eeze, but the ones from some ortho group. They help a bit.

I suppose a sit on frame would help, but I don't have one. Is there a
cheapie that I can buy that might work for me short term?

Lucille - are you working by a table? If so you could use a frameweight and
work off the edge of the table.

I hate to spend a lot for something I really don't like to use.

I did try one a while back and found it not to my liking.

Lucille

Personally I never liked my sit-on frame. Which is why I got the Baby Z
from K's Creations. I like that I can use it on my lap, or on a table - but
I believe it retails around $56 with a universal clamp that will take
Q-snaps, rings, or stretcher bars. I use it all over - just an idea.

Ellice

Old October 6th 09, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

"Lucille" wrote:

"NDJoan" wrote in message
[...]

You might be able to use a lap frame like the K's. I sit with legs up, or
cross-legged on the couch and have it on my leg - sometimes with a
counterweight on the base. But, I've had good success, even stitching in
bed, or an armchair. The Baby Z is small enough that I think you could use
it, though it will take pieces up to about 14" X 16" . If I were closer I'd
lend you mine to try.

Ellice

Old October 6th 09, 11:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
NDJoan

On Oct 6, 10:12*am, "Lucille" wrote:

I'm having a problem with cramps in my hands, mostly my left and haven't
been able to do much for more then a very, very short period of time for
about two weeks now.

Wow, that's *no* fun, Lucille! Maybe totally give it a rest for a
week or so, so it has a chance to loosen up?

* I suppose a sit on frame would help, but I don't have one. *Is there a
cheapie that I can buy that might work for me short term?

Do any of the other long-termers here remember the homemade frame-
holder that hangs around one's neck that someone came up with? I
think I have it printed up in my files at home and will see if I can
find it.

Joan
Old October 6th 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
NDJoan

On Oct 6, 3:46*pm, Susan Hartman wrote:

This weekend I plan to add Yo-Ho-Ho-Ho into the lineup:http://www.suehillisdesigns.net/Prod...html?plu=PS136

How fun! I know a couple of people who would love these designs!

Dang! Wish I'd known about these last year...they would have been the
perfect wedding gift for one couple!

Joan