New UFO to finish off.

Old September 8th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

Default New UFO to finish off.

This time it is Dimensions Gold Collection Millenium Angel. A sort of
long story. My son used our cottage for an office party, and one of the
ladies saw my handiwork hanging on the walls. Somehow my son said that I
finished off projects for other people, and now I have the latest. She
has done just a small part in the middle of the piece. It is on 16 count
aida (ugh!!!), but at least she crossed the stiches the "right" way. When
I start I will have to work my way to the top right hand corner, and then
make it a project the way I like to do it. Jim.
Old September 8th 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mary

I used to do a lot of knitting and designing, and people began
bringing me their problems -- YECH! Sometimes I could talk them
through the solution, which was just fine. Most times, however, they
had gotten themselves into a horrible mess and I wound up doing
repairs, extreme frogging, and finishing -- thanks to my mother, who
would tell her friends "my daughter can do that for you" and then show
up at my house with a bag of godawful whatever.
Old September 9th 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr_brat

On Sep 8, 12:30*pm, Mary wrote:
I used to do a lot of knitting and designing, and people began
bringing me their problems -- YECH! *Sometimes I could talk them
through the solution, which was just fine. *Most times, however, they
had gotten themselves into a horrible mess and I wound up doing
repairs, extreme frogging, and finishing -- thanks to my mother, who
would tell her friends "my daughter can do that for you" and then show
up at my house with a bag of godawful whatever.

My stepmom has done that a time or two. Luckily, I have no problem
telling her I couldn't possibly.

Elizabeth
Old September 9th 09, 03:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Dr_brat" wrote in message
On Sep 8, 12:30 pm, Mary wrote:
I used to do a lot of knitting and designing, and people began
bringing me their problems -- YECH! Sometimes I could talk them
through the solution, which was just fine. Most times, however, they
had gotten themselves into a horrible mess and I wound up doing
repairs, extreme frogging, and finishing -- thanks to my mother, who
would tell her friends "my daughter can do that for you" and then show
up at my house with a bag of godawful whatever.

My stepmom has done that a time or two. Luckily, I have no problem
telling her I couldn't possibly.

Elizabeth

I guess I was lucky. My mother was quite an accomplished needleworker,
knitter and seamstress and, therefore, knew better then to do that. She
hated being asked and was sure I would hate it as well.

A finish - first finish of 09 Cheryl Isaak Needlework 16 January 26th 09 10:15 PM
how to finish off littlemiss Sewing 3 August 14th 07 05:00 AM
A Finish. Queen City x-stitcher Needlework 1 April 11th 07 12:36 AM
Another finish is up Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 March 5th 07 02:25 PM
Help to finish an old kit Sylvia Blanchard Needlework 4 January 22nd 04 12:28 AM