Model Stitching

Old November 10th 10, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Craftslady

Default Model Stitching

I would like to get into model stitching. Not sure how to go about
it. Anyone have and suggestions.

Thank you
Craftslady
Old November 10th 10, 11:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"Craftslady" wrote in message
I would like to get into model stitching. Not sure how to go about
it. Anyone have and suggestions.

Thank you
Craftslady

My personal opinion: don't waste your time. It's not worth it. I did not
have a good experience when I did some a few years ago. I'd rather spend my
time stitching things that I *like* for ME. Spending your time stitching
ugly, awful patterns for pennies on the stitch is......not fun. Tedious
almost to the point of being unbearable. It sucked all joy out of
stitching. Sounds like it would be fun -- get paid to stitch! -- but it
isn't.

Jinx

Old November 12th 10, 03:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:22:29 -0600, "Jinx Minx"
wrote:

"Craftslady" wrote in message
I would like to get into model stitching. Not sure how to go about
it. Anyone have and suggestions.

Thank you
Craftslady

My personal opinion: don't waste your time. It's not worth it. I did
not
have a good experience when I did some a few years ago. I'd rather spend
my
time stitching things that I *like* for ME. Spending your time stitching
ugly, awful patterns for pennies on the stitch is......not fun. Tedious
almost to the point of being unbearable. It sucked all joy out of
stitching. Sounds like it would be fun -- get paid to stitch! -- but it
isn't.

Jinx

My DD did model knitting - after doing a lovely aran pattern in salmon
pink, in cheap yarn, she stopped lol

Ewww!! Positively revolting! As if the color wasn't bad enough, to have to
do so with crappy yarn is a travesty! The main reason I crochet or knit at
all is purely for the tactile pleasure it gives me.

Jinx

Old December 20th 10, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Craftslady wrote:
I would like to get into model stitching. Not sure how to go about
it. Anyone have and suggestions.

Thank you
Craftslady

Some designers will have a page on their website detailing how to go
about it. You usually have to submit a swatch of stitching so they can
see the quality of your work. Most designers have several people
stitching for them. Be prepared to follow the pattern very closely,
checking for errors, and recording the amount of time and materials
used. Materials are normally supplied.

Also check your LNS. Sometimes they need models stitched. I've stitched
models for a shop and for a designer.

Don't expect to get rich G I do it for stash and for the fun of
stitching something I might not otherwise do.

MargW

Kenmore Model 90 Little Sis Sewing 4 January 2nd 14 02:44 PM
Best Way to Model this Shape? Greg Krynen Polymer Clay 2 October 14th 05 08:28 AM
Singer Model 99 Laurie G. Quilting 4 November 7th 04 07:04 PM
Singer featherweight, newer model vs. older model Beth Pierce Quilting 20 May 5th 04 12:12 AM
Singer Model 66 Desiree Jenkins Sewing 6 December 25th 03 07:58 PM