Newbie questions, was: Scott Don't Go

Old November 2nd 04, 06:44 AM
Dr. Sooz

It may not be intentional, but sometimes I feel people are asking me to sum
up thousands of hours of work in small, digestible posts, without doing any

research first. Look - my time, money and effort are just as valuable as
everyone else's. And I have put forth a lot of all three to get where I am.

It's called Being A Consultant, and people get paid for it. No one pays anyone
here anything when they ask complex, demanding questions.
~~
Sooz
Yummy yummy apricot jam! (It's so much better than green eggs and ham)

Old November 2nd 04, 06:46 AM
Dr. Sooz

I haven't been "into" beadwork for decades, but I have put in
thousands of hours of research. I have also spent hundreds of hours
answering beady questions here on the newsgroup, both general and
specific.

OMTP. I've answered a zillion questions -- pleasantly, believe it or not. And
that's why I put the Links List and Bead Notes together......to HELP people
help themselves. (Oh, one thing isn't a Me Too -- I've been beading for 38
years.)
~~

Old November 2nd 04, 06:47 AM
Dr. Sooz

During the past year or so, I've answered the FMG question at least
three times, with detailed information and fully expressed opinions.
That takes time to write and even more time to research.

And the detailed answer was posted recently -- there was a link to Becki's very
comprehensive answer to the FMG question. Krysti, if you didn't find it, it's
not our fault. You need to look more carefully and thoroughly.

~~

Old November 2nd 04, 06:48 AM
Dr. Sooz

Default Newbie questions, was: Scott Don't Go

Anyone who
has read this group for more than a few weeks will know that I am not
the healthiest critter in the litter, and writing these answers is a
labor of love. Maybe it's selfish, but I think that if I can spend
many hours researching and many hours writing, it's not a lot to ask
subsequent questioners to look up my answer instead of asking me to
write the information yet another time.

Righteous, Kathy.
~~
Sooz
Yummy yummy apricot jam! (It's so much better than green eggs and ham)

The ten questions I want you to answer Jalynne Beads 19 June 22nd 04 08:58 PM
Some additional questions Steve Lamb Beads 15 April 3rd 04 03:25 PM
Silly Questions biig Beads 12 March 4th 04 05:25 AM
AD and dumb questions from a newbie Nathalie Lebreux Beads 7 September 9th 03 09:45 PM
A few newbie questions biig Beads 7 July 24th 03 10:46 PM