Question when you slip as if to Purl

Old October 15th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Starla Torres

Default Question when you slip as if to Purl

When the pattern says to slip as if to Purl, is the yarn in the front or the
back. I always forget. I need to write it down somewhere.

Old October 15th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Starla it deppends , if you had a k or p Before the slip , thread
stays where it was
mirjam

Old October 17th 07, 05:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One[_2_]

I'm doing a shawl that has you slip as if to purl and then yarn over and
then knit the rest of the row. I leave the yarn in back because I YO as
soon as I slip.

"Wooly" nobody@nunya wrote in message
starla torres wrote:
When the pattern says to slip as if to Purl, is the yarn in the front or
the back. I always forget. I need to write it down somewhere.

The pattern ought to specify. Lacking instruction carry the yarn on the
wrong side of the work.

Question - Purl Row Even ? Padishar Creel Yarn 4 July 17th 07 01:42 AM
I just found out what purl is in knitty. ILovemyDoggie. Yarn 20 September 15th 06 06:07 AM
Question about slip Lcdumas Pottery 16 May 3rd 04 07:38 PM
New Question - Purl Stitch Kristy Malarkey Yarn 10 January 20th 04 12:25 AM
How to do a purl twist 2? Angela Faye Oon Yarn 7 January 11th 04 05:23 AM