The ten questions I want you to answer

Old June 21st 04, 07:44 AM
Jalynne

Default The ten questions I want you to answer

What is your favorite word?
Faith

What is your least favorite word?

Hate

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

A deep desire to please God. (I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but it's part of who
I am.)

What turns you off?

violence

What is your favorite curse word?

Sh**

What sound or noise do you love?

the sound of children playing and laughing
The sound of my husband's heartbeat

What sound or noise do you hate?

Anything loud or sudden

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Research attorney
Marriage counselor

What profession would you not like to do?

Teacher/educator (other than homeschooling...i'm thinking more along the lines of a
classroom, etc.)

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive
at the Pearly Gates?

"Well done, My good and faithful servant."

--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
We watched the tenth anniversary episode of "Inside the Actor's
Studio," and realized that we hadn't answered the ten questions for
ourselves. At the end of each episode, the host, James Lipton, asks
the same ten questions to every guest. They give amazingly similar
answers to most of the questions, and completely different ones for
the last question.

I'd love to have you guys think about these questions and then
answer. At the very least, we'll learn a lot about one another.

I have thoughtful answers for all of these questions already, but I
want to throw this out to the group first. Besides, my meds have me
half-keerflooey today. I'll answer the questions in the morning,
except for the last one, which I'll answer now:

When I see the Pearly Gates, I want God to tell me I made a
difference. That it wasn't all for nothing. Things might be a just a
teeny bit better because of my efforts throughout my life. All I've
ever wanted is to make a difference.

Smile,

Kathy N-V

Old June 21st 04, 09:00 AM
Kandice Seeber

What is your favorite word?
witch

What is your least favorite word?

judgement

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

geez, this isn't one question, it's three!
creatively - color and geometrics in nature
spiritually - open minded-ness and the nature of the universe
emotionally - curiosity and compassion

What turns you off?

Close minded-ness, predjudice, hate, generalizations and stereotypes
Falling back on crutches.

What is your favorite curse word?

Fuuuuuuuuck!!

What sound or noise do you love?

running water, ocean waves, fire crackling

What sound or noise do you hate?

crowds, people yelling, sirens, alarm clock, any kind of alarm

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

anything in the astronomical sciences, archeology, ancient history

What profession would you not like to do?

Multi-level marketing or anything with high pressure sales

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive
at the Pearly Gates?

"This is only one of many afterlife existences...you get to choose!!"

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old June 21st 04, 09:32 AM
Su/Cutworks

Kathy wrote:

What is your favorite word?

Happy.

What is your least favorite word?

Product.

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

Something created with an obvious amount of joy in the act of making it and
the hell with 'normal' thought about what art is.

What turns you off?

Pretentious art.

What is your favorite curse word?

The F word, it's the bane of my existence though.

What sound or noise do you love?

Children laughing.

What sound or noise do you hate?

Sudden loud noises.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Archaeologist.

What profession would you not like to do?

Surgeon.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive
at the Pearly Gates?

You were good to others.

-Su

Old June 21st 04, 11:32 AM
Linda2

What is your favorite word?

Love

What is your least favorite word?

Hate

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

The ocean, the colors of nature

What turns you off?

Depression

What is your favorite curse word?

Crapweasel (thanks, Sooz!)

What sound or noise do you love?

My cats purring

What sound or noise do you hate?

The screaming baby next door

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Truck driver

What profession would you not like to do?

Nurse

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive
at the Pearly Gates?

Your parents have been waiting for you and all your cats are here.

Linda2

Old June 21st 04, 12:25 PM
Charlie

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...

What is your favorite word?

Sprowling. I can't explain this one, you'd have to ask one of my school
friends!

What is your least favorite word?

Jumper. Say it a few times, it's just not right!

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

Creatively - everything!
Spiritually - nothing!
Emotionally - well, that's a bit personal ;-D

What turns you off?

Not much.

What is your favorite curse word?

********. (That's such an English word!)

What sound or noise do you love?

I kinda like the noise of the swimming pool at work. It's so loud without
you even realising it! I love the noise of feedback too.

What sound or noise do you hate?

Dunno, haven't really got one.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Housewife or Experimental Physicist.

What profession would you not like to do?

Anything with children and babies.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive
at the Pearly Gates?

I'm not sure I'd like to be there. Hopefully if I did it would be a
stop-gap till I got to the next place! =D

Charlie.

---

Old June 21st 04, 02:46 PM
Zanaida

What is your favorite word?
-passion

What is your least favorite word?
-capable

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
-knowledge, beauty however I happen to see/perceive it, truth

What turns you off?
-ignorance

What is your favorite curse word?
-at the moment I seem to be using 'rat's ass' a fair bit - as in "I don't
give a rat's ass"

What sound or noise do you love?
-rain pitter pattering on glass, horses hooves on cement or cobble stones

What sound or noise do you hate?
-I sit near a lady at work who has the most grating voice in the entire
world ( you don't understand, it's killing me!!!)

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
-writing - I would love to write a novel one day.

What profession would you not like to do?
-shoe's salesperson

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive
at the Pearly Gates?
-"hello, welcome aboard. come on in and just remember, heaven is your
oyster"

::Amie::

Old June 21st 04, 03:23 PM
Karen_AZ

What is your favorite word? Butterfly

What is your least favorite word? Fart

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music

What turns you off? Competetiveness

What is your favorite curse word? Sonofabitch

What sound or noise do you love? My kids laughing together

What sound or noise do you hate? Leaf blowers and tree-grinders

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Singing

What profession would you not like to do? Politics

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive
at the Pearly Gates? You don't need wings to fly here.

KarenK (who's a huge fan of Actor's Studio)

Old June 21st 04, 03:41 PM
starlia

What a fun questionnaire.

What is your favorite word? Jiggy

What is your least favorite word? Either of the four letter "c" words

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Sunsets, good

loving, music

What turns you off? Yelling

What is your favorite curse word? Damn

What sound or noise do you love? Laughing, waterfalls, frogs chirping

What sound or noise do you hate? My oxycon squeal

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Skydiving

instructor, Navy Seal, Marine, Tank Officer

What profession would you not like to do? Paramedic

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive
at the Pearly Gates? Party in the House tonight!

Old June 21st 04, 04:23 PM
Louis Cage

Okay, here goes

--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques
"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
We watched the tenth anniversary episode of "Inside the Actor's
Studio," and realized that we hadn't answered the ten questions for
ourselves. At the end of each episode, the host, James Lipton, asks
the same ten questions to every guest. They give amazingly similar
answers to most of the questions, and completely different ones for
the last question.

I'd love to have you guys think about these questions and then
answer. At the very least, we'll learn a lot about one another.

What is your favorite word?

undsoweiter (German for "and so forth"; I just like saying it)

What is your least favorite word?

Must

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

Creatively - good music
spritually - learning
emotionally - my wife and kids (yeah it sounds corny, but what the hell)

What turns you off?

Intolerance. People who can't understand that others can be different, but
not fundamentally wrong.

What is your favorite curse word?

F**k. When I am really frustrated it's :"F**k, f**k, double f**k, f**k,
f**k. I choke off the "u" somehow, so it often sounds like I wrote it.

What sound or noise do you love?

thuderstorms

What sound or noise do you hate?

babies crying, because it usually means they need something & I can never
seem to give it to them

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

editorial or features writer

What profession would you not like to do?

anything repetitive

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive
at the Pearly Gates?

Good job.

Old June 21st 04, 07:11 PM
Arleen

I'll play...but first I want to say that Kathy, you have already made such a
difference in many lives by raising such a thoughtful daughter...in her
short life she has probably changed the life of many of her peers through
her actions on other people's behalf!
Arleen

What is your favorite word? Don't have one!

What is your least favorite word? A really nasty 4 letter "C" word...it

is soooo ugly.

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Ocean, being

around the people that I love, music.

What turns you off? vulgarity, rudeness.

What is your favorite curse word? rat farts

What sound or noise do you love? happy children

What sound or noise do you hate? whining

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Don't

know, I have some of the best already!

What profession would you not like to do? professional football player?

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive
at the Pearly Gates? Welcome home!

When I see the Pearly Gates, I want God to tell me I made a
difference. That it wasn't all for nothing. Things might be a just a
teeny bit better because of my efforts throughout my life. All I've
ever wanted is to make a difference.

Smile,

Kathy N-V

Some additional questions Steve Lamb Beads 15 April 3rd 04 03:25 PM
Couple of questions Greta Spring Beads 5 March 4th 04 07:47 PM
OT another poll to answer Diana Curtis Beads 6 December 29th 03 09:19 PM
Introduction, & a couple questions about the group..... Kyla Beads 19 November 3rd 03 08:10 PM
AD and dumb questions from a newbie Nathalie Lebreux Beads 7 September 9th 03 09:45 PM