Sock yarn suggestions??

Old December 20th 05, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Sock yarn suggestions??

So much for the yarn diet!! LoL

I am wanting to make the boyfriend some socks. I am needing some
suggestions for yarn. I would like something in earthy tones,
preferably self-striping with larger stripes. Superwash would be a
plus, but not necessary, as I am the one that does the laundry.

Some one at the Knitting Meetup had some Steinbach Woole (Aktiv
Effekt). It was lovely!! Maybe something like this or something else.

I am willing to take all suggestions to my LYS's so I can feel it and
play with it!!

Thanks in advance!!
Heather

http://heathershobbyblog.blogspot.com

Old December 20th 05, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On 20 Dec 2005 07:26:22 -0800, "Pika" spewed
forth :

So much for the yarn diet!! LoL

I am wanting to make the boyfriend some socks. I am needing some
suggestions for yarn. I would like something in earthy tones,
preferably self-striping with larger stripes. Superwash would be a
plus, but not necessary, as I am the one that does the laundry.

Most sock yarn that's labelled as sock yarn is made of superwash wool
with some nylon blended in for durability. The best thing to do is to
go to the LYS and see what they have.

Some "standard" brands that most shops should/ought to carry:

Opal
Meilenweit
Regia 4- and 6-ply
Brown Sheep Wildfoote

Some that are superwash but have no nylon blended in:

Lorna's Laces
Cherry Tree Hill
Koigu

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old December 21st 05, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article .com,
Pika wrote:
So much for the yarn diet!! LoL

I am wanting to make the boyfriend some socks. I am needing some
suggestions for yarn. I would like something in earthy tones,
preferably self-striping with larger stripes. Superwash would be a
plus, but not necessary, as I am the one that does the laundry.

Some one at the Knitting Meetup had some Steinbach Woole (Aktiv
Effekt). It was lovely!! Maybe something like this or something else.

I am willing to take all suggestions to my LYS's so I can feel it and
play with it!!

The bloggers seem to be going nuts for a brand called Trekking.
It fits your description very well.

=Tamar
Old December 22nd 05, 07:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

The *yarn diet* is like the *see food* diet for me! LOL
I just got my annual 20% off my entire purchase card in the mail from
my favorite little yarn shop. LOL
Marie and the cats

Are you a sock yarn FREAK? Shillelagh Yarn 29 September 16th 05 02:58 PM
between sport and sock yarn TheMage Yarn 5 July 21st 04 08:10 PM
My yarn addiction Elsa Yarn 24 December 17th 03 05:30 AM
FA Lots of Vintage Yarn! Noru, Pingouin, Lopi, More! DorothyRose1912 Marketplace 0 November 14th 03 03:19 AM
Yarn suggestions requested Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 1 July 14th 03 03:48 PM