Red Hats

Old June 3rd 07, 10:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
pami

Default Red Hats

Anybody here a member of Red Hats? I recently signed up. I went to my
first function. It was a PJ party at a diner....yes we wore our night
clothes....hehehehe! I met the Queen Mom in the hospital. She also has
breast cancer and finished her last chemo. She encouraged me to join. We
both have been good friends since. I am just looking for a cool unique hat.
Right now I have a red fishing hat!
Pami

Old June 3rd 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Our Florida sister is a Red Hat person and she is serious about it. I
rather imagine that if I got arrested for something dastardly I'd have to
sit in jail until her Red Hat social schedule was clear before she'd come to
my rescue. A thought on making an extraordinary red hat - take a stretchy
turban from your bald days and cover it effusively with petals from red silk
flowers. You can attach them with stitches, hot glue, safety pins -
anything that will work. I made one years ago for a cancer-survivor buddy
and it was quite stunning (to say the least). Polly

Old June 3rd 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
pami

Some of the hats they had on...and I had my generic fishing hat...I think I
will get something with a brim on it.
Our next outing is game day at this ladies house....she is having all kinds
of tables set up. I do not know how to play poker so if one of the tables
is poker I am out.
I should put on my life list to play poker next to ballroom dancing.
Pami

Old June 4th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

IIRC Vogue patterns, the last time I looked which was a couple of years ago,
had some vintage felt hats that didn't look too hard to make. And I bet you
could get some double-sided fusible stabilizer (as in Fabric Bowls) and
adapt those patterns to something more summery than felt. It would be
washable too!
Roberta in D

Old June 4th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Do you have to wear the same hat to every meeting? Or can you have a
selection of them? Thinking red straw hat for summer maybe felt or 'sateen'
for winter. Don't box yourself in with just one if you don't have to. I can
just see you having fun coming up with quite a selection of them.

Butterfly (made Firefly one when she went thru chemo (winter) out of a heavy
sateen. Her teddy bear wears it now

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
IIRC Vogue patterns, the last time I looked which was a couple of years
ago, had some vintage felt hats that didn't look too hard to make. And I
bet you could get some double-sided fusible stabilizer (as in Fabric
Bowls) and adapt those patterns to something more summery than felt. It
would be washable too!
Roberta in D

"Pami" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Anybody here a member of Red Hats? I recently signed up. I went to my
first function. It was a PJ party at a diner....yes we wore our night
clothes....hehehehe! I met the Queen Mom in the hospital. She also has
breast cancer and finished her last chemo. She encouraged me to join.
We both have been good friends since. I am just looking for a cool
unique hat. Right now I have a red fishing hat!
Pami

welding hats THE PAINTED HORSE Needlework 0 January 18th 07 02:27 AM
weird hats Stella Fenley Yarn 30 April 1st 06 09:15 AM
more about hats ..... Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 4 December 4th 05 06:32 PM
church hats A.J. Venter Needlework 3 October 17th 05 08:39 PM
more hats donated Maine-iac Rose Yarn 8 August 25th 04 03:03 AM