A Quilt For Me This Year club

Old January 4th 04, 07:28 AM
Jalynne

Default A Quilt For Me This Year club

I've seen several people who are planning on making a quilt for themselves this year.
I'm no exception. I find that I keep making quilts, but they end up in different
homes. It's about time that I have one for my own bed. This year, i'm working on
TWO. Maybe it's the snow that's making me want them, i dunno, but i'm determined.

If those of you who are planning on doing the same this year would like, we could set
up a group, and either post off group or here, doesn't matter to me. I'd like to
hear your progress, your struggles, etc. Let me know what you think.

If you want to contact me off group: craftigirl at earthlink dot net

--
Jalynne

Old January 4th 04, 07:59 AM
Butterfly

We could 'keep in on the NG' that way we may get more as the year
progresses. Just NOT have deadlines or anything--just a once a month update
of our progress.
And have the YEAR be from the day it was started--so if you "Start in
May"--then see if you have it done by "the next May" it might be doable for
more of us.........
whaddaya think?

Butterfly (Might be enticed to get my _cut but not sewn_ one out this
way.....know it will NOT even be brought out before Feb--or maybe even
March --too much gotta be cared for stuff first )
link.net...

Old January 4th 04, 08:24 AM
Jalynne

SOunds perfect to me!
--
Jalynne

"Butterfly" wrote in message
news
We could 'keep in on the NG' that way we may get more as the year
progresses. Just NOT have deadlines or anything--just a once a month update
of our progress.
And have the YEAR be from the day it was started--so if you "Start in
May"--then see if you have it done by "the next May" it might be doable for
more of us.........
whaddaya think?

Butterfly (Might be enticed to get my _cut but not sewn_ one out this
way.....know it will NOT even be brought out before Feb--or maybe even
March --too much gotta be cared for stuff first )
link.net...

Old January 4th 04, 12:53 PM
Carolyn McCarty

What a nice idea! I've got a WIP that I would like to finish, and it really
is something I think I want for myself (though my son said he would like
it). It's a confetti quilt, mostly 1 1/2-inch squares. In fact you must be
psychic, as I just dug it out yesterday to work on for a few days! Now, if
I can just find the rest of the pieces that I had cut out...

Are we to report to you as we make progress?

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. Carolyn McCarty

link.net...

Old January 4th 04, 01:12 PM
Diana Curtis

Beautiful idea. I have two in mind also, the long desired Christmas colored
quilt, which is my DIY BOM and the dahlia. Id love to hear and see the
progress we make through the year, pictures if possible. Im setting my
sights on just the top for the BOM but finishing the Dahlia completely.
Thanks J!
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
link.net...

Old January 4th 04, 02:36 PM
Queen of Squishies

Count me in, and this may be the hardest challenge I've done yet! Make a
quilt and keep it for myself? What a thought! Yes, I'm in. My new house
needs a quilt for the guest bed, and for mine. My goal is to finish a quilt
for the guest bed, and get a good start on the Queen size (oh how
appropriate : D ) Starflake quilt. Is somebody keeping track of us who
join? Is someone going to initiate the monthly challenge update on the ng?
Thanks, Jalynne, for getting this started. This will really help me!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old January 4th 04, 02:39 PM
Queen of Squishies

(ohhhhh......... so THIS is where that post went when I heard a "click" of
the mouse and the message disappeared!.......... sigh...........now WHERE is
my coffee cup? I think I need it!! )

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old January 4th 04, 03:14 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

I guess I shoud join up also. When I am sitting in my chair watching the
telly and doing needlework, I use a ratty, not so old quilt I got in one of the
touristy shops in the area right after we moved here. It's one of those ones
made in Korea or somewhere and the kitties *love* it. The colors are perfect
for the room -- lots of purple and green -- but it's really getting yucky and
worn (probably from the cheap fabric that was used).
Anyway, I have all the fabric needed to make myself 2 seasonal quilts -- one
for the autumn and one for the winter. You have NO idea how difficult it is to
get purpl-y autumn or winter fabric with kitties on it! I have managed to
accumulate enough suitable fabrics and I hope to get at least one of those
quilts finished this year :-))! CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old January 4th 04, 03:48 PM
Marijke

Ah.... one club I don't have to join. ;-)

I'm really good at keeping my own quilts. I have my whole cloth queen sized,
on my bed upstairs, four lap sized and one double here in the living room,
several older ones down in the play room, and each child has three of their
own.

LOL... hmm.... and I have a top done that is supposed to be for me and
another one in mind.....................

Marijke
who keeps lots of her quilts!
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Beautiful idea. I have two in mind also, the long desired Christmas

colored
quilt, which is my DIY BOM and the dahlia. Id love to hear and see the
progress we make through the year, pictures if possible. Im setting my
sights on just the top for the BOM but finishing the Dahlia completely.
Thanks J!
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs