Seeking Tailor for Norfolk Coat

Old October 9th 03, 01:08 AM
Kevin

Default Seeking Tailor for Norfolk Coat

I am desperately looking for a good tailor, ideally near or in New
York City, who would be willing to work with me and my ideas to make a
norfolk style jacket with material I will provide. While I am happy
to pay a fair price for this work, fashion design is something of a
hobbie of mine and I am unable to afford the kind of prices that are
asked at typical New York tailor shops on Wall Street. Please help!

Kevin
Old October 9th 03, 02:26 AM

Kevin wrote:
I am desperately looking for a good tailor, ideally near or in New
York City, who would be willing to work with me and my ideas to make a
norfolk style jacket with material I will provide. While I am happy
to pay a fair price for this work, fashion design is something of a
hobbie of mine and I am unable to afford the kind of prices that are
asked at typical New York tailor shops on Wall Street. Please help!

You could look at www.paccproffesionals.org and see if there is someone
near you. Expect to pay probably somewhere around $20 an hour and up,
though -- nobody with any skill and any sense is going to work for
peanuts for someone they don't know, and the $20 is a fair wae
considering that they have purchased expensive, specialized equipment
and have to pay the power for electricity for ironing and all that.

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Old October 9th 03, 06:12 PM
Kevin

Hi,
Of course $20 an hour is perfectly reasonable. I would even pay more.
I would not expect someone to work for less, especially someone
skilled. I just don't want to pay $140 dollars an hour - which is
what they charge on Wall Street.
Kevin

Old October 9th 03, 06:18 PM
Kevin

Friends

Ultimately what I am searching for is someone who can make clothing
for me - yes, but more than that someone who I can work with to make
prototypes for a men's clothing line I would like to market
comercially.

Kevin