A picture

Old October 26th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default A picture

is up for THE shawl. It's blocking on the floor, but you'll get the idea.
Woo hoo!!!!
http://tinyurl.com/3a3b59

Shelagh

Old October 26th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Shillelagh wrote:
is up for THE shawl. It's blocking on the floor, but you'll get the idea.
Woo hoo!!!!
http://tinyurl.com/3a3b59

Shelagh

Oh WOW. That is fabulous. (if you were wondering who to give it to for
Christmas......................................... ........)I don't think
I would have the patience any more to do something like that.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old October 26th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
is up for THE shawl. It's blocking on the floor, but you'll get the idea.
Woo hoo!!!!
http://tinyurl.com/3a3b59

Shelagh

That is truly gorgeous, Shelagh! Congratulations.... by the way, I'm
jealous... there's no way I would have the ambition to do something that
intricate!

*hugs*
Gem

Old October 26th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Arlene

Shillelagh,

It is absolutely beautiful!

Arlene

Old October 26th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Oct 27, 10:22 am, "Shillelagh" wrote:
is up for THE shawl. It's blocking on the floor, but you'll get the idea.
Woo hoo!!!!http://tinyurl.com/3a3b59

Stunning, just stunning. I love the colour too.

VP

Old October 26th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Thank you all so much for the nice comments!

Just in case you were wondering, the yarn is Knit Picks Shimmer, a blend of
alpaca and silk. The needle was a 3.5 mm. I started it back in July, but
very seldom just have one project going. I also finished a shawl last month
that I was working on at the same time, along with 3 pairs of socks. One
pair of socks is almost finished, and they're for a Christmas gift.

I'm so happy that after the 3rd try, this shawl finally worked out. The
first two tries, I didn't like the yarn I chose.

Shelagh

Old October 26th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
.. .

Oh WOW. That is fabulous. (if you were wondering who to give it to for
Christmas......................................... ........)I don't think
I would have the patience any more to do something like that.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

This is not a gift for someone else, it's my gift to ME. (smile). I was
getting a little tired of it towards the end when there was over 400
stitches in a row. I felt good if I managed to do one row a day.
Thankfully, it was laceweight yarn and was light as a feather. ;)

Shelagh

Old October 26th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message

That is truly gorgeous, Shelagh! Congratulations.... by the way, I'm
jealous... there's no way I would have the ambition to do something that
intricate!

*hugs*
Gem

But, but - all the stitches were knit togethers, or yarn overs, or slip 2 k1
psso - that kind of thing. I used stitch markers between the repeats, and
made sure I counted the stitches at the end of each chart. Oh, and yeah -
life lines! ;)

Shelagh

Old October 27th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Oct 26, 5:22 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
is up for THE shawl. It's blocking on the floor, but you'll get the idea.
Woo hoo!!!!http://tinyurl.com/3a3b59

Shelagh

That is beautiful, Shelagh! Tell us how you blocked it, as I will
be blocking a shawl this year, if all goes well.

Higs,
Katherine

New picture YarnWright Yarn 0 August 12th 06 05:10 PM
new picture Denise Jameson Quilting 11 December 16th 03 05:12 AM
New picture Martin Eccles Yarn 15 November 3rd 03 08:37 PM
New picture Norma Yarn 3 October 22nd 03 07:17 AM
New Picture Unclbennie Quilting 2 July 30th 03 01:36 AM