So How Cool Are Typewriter Key Bracelets?

Old August 1st 03, 04:05 AM
teleflora

"Tink" wrote in message
There's some great stuff on this site:
http://www.strokeofart.com/

I love pretty much everything there, not just the typewriter stuff.

Doggonit!

Cindy going to dig the big ball of electical wire out of the trash. I've
been saving it forever and just last night decided to pitch it! Because what
was I going to do with electrical wire. Crikey, I can't throw nothin away.

Old August 1st 03, 04:08 AM
teleflora

--

Also, and I know that it's not a substitute, but it can be really cool, some
of the scrapbook stores have old looking paper typewriter letters that look

Cindy

Old August 1st 03, 04:58 AM
Tink

I was wondering about that... I've seen them, and in the absence of genuine
old keys, I wonder if I could make sterling bezels for the scrapbook
versions... Maybe cover the paper with mica?

I do have a way cool old typewriter in the attic, but when I went up to look
at it, it appeared that the keys will have to be cut or sawed off! I thought
they would just pop off! No way! So there will be a lot of filing and
polishing involved.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

Old August 2nd 03, 04:20 AM
teleflora

"Tink" wrote in message
I was wondering about that... I've seen them, and in the absence of

genuine
old keys, I wonder if I could make sterling bezels for the scrapbook
versions... Maybe cover the paper with mica?

Ok, so I bought some of the paper today at the scrapbook store (I don't
scrapbook - my pictures are in shoeboxes where they belong) I am going to
try building up layers of Ultra Thick Embossing Powder on the paper. I will
report on progress.

Cindy

Old August 2nd 03, 01:18 PM
Lisa

Cindy:
You can get washers at the hardware store, put the paper under the washer,
and fill the washer with crystal lacquer or diamond glaze or the clear
gallery glass.

There also are some plastic washer looking things that have higher sides,
they come in black, silver and brass color and you cut the letter, put it in
the washer and fill.

Finally, if you have any rollabind discs, you can put the letter in and fill
it.

HTH
Lisa
"teleflora" wrote in message
.. .

Old August 2nd 03, 01:21 PM
Lisa

Here are some that are on the Stampington site, to show you what you can do.
Again you can use some washers...I wish I could remember what they are
called.

http://www.stampington.com/html/bind...hes_discs.html

Lisa
"teleflora" wrote in message
.. .

Old August 2nd 03, 04:10 PM
teleflora

"Lisa" wrote in message
Cindy:
You can get washers at the hardware store, put the paper under the washer,
and fill the washer with crystal lacquer or diamond glaze or the clear
gallery glass.

OK, that's seriously cool. I was wondering how I was going to do that.
Thanks.

Cindy

Old August 2nd 03, 06:21 PM
Dr. Sooz

HOLEY CANOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! Thanks!!!
Tinkster

Uh oh! The slippery slope has been officially greased!
~~
Sooz
-------
"Selective deafness, it's a wonderful thing." ~Kathy N-V
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Critters, including a cool parrot Christina Peterson Beads 0 July 11th 03 11:24 PM
How cool is this? Linx Beads 6 July 11th 03 05:59 AM
AD - Cool Beader's T-shirts and mugs for sale! Dr. Sooz Beads 0 July 10th 03 03:40 AM
Bracelets: Keepsakes of the Heart Saul.D Beads 4 July 5th 03 09:40 PM
Cool chain that looks like a spring or very skinny, tight, slinky BeckiBead Beads 4 July 5th 03 06:01 AM