Pattern Maker and Viewer for Pattern Maker.

Old July 28th 05, 11:50 AM
F.James Cripwell

Default Pattern Maker and Viewer for Pattern Maker.

My version of Pattern Maker is quite old, and for the way I use it, I
have no requirement to upgrade. However, the freebie Viewer for Pattern
Maker has recently been upgraded, and I find it does a terrific job when
it comes to printing out the pattern; much better than the version of
Pattern Maker itself that I have.
So for my latest pattern, I made it using Pattern Maker, and printed
it out using Viewer for Pattern Maker. I prefer the sort of option that
gives large symbols and lots of pages. The two things Viewer does that I
like is to number the axes, and print 3 faint rows or columns extra at the
edges of the pages. Sometimes I find it best to ignore these, but
sometimes they are very useful indeed.
So I have sort of updated Pattern Maker by downloading the latest
version of the free Pattern Maker Viewer. HTH.
--
Jim Cripwell.
From Canada. Land of the Key Bird.
Old July 31st 05, 11:14 AM

Hi there JIM :O))

That indeed is a fairly good solution dear ... that way you can stil
enjoy a bit of the new options in PMP ;o))But I must state though that
the full version is an absolute GEM to work with! There are an amazing
kind of options added since the first version - and the work like
clockwork. Besides that: there's a constant update on floss of all
kinds ... aren't you scared you won't be able to match those at a
certain time ??

*hugz*

--
=B8..=B7 =B4=A8=A8)) -:=A6:-
=B8.=B7=B4 .=B7=B4=A8=A8))
AND: news://news.annexcafe.com/annexcafe.pixel.painting
M & O Designs homepage: http://welcome.to/TiAmo

"God grant me the serenity to
- to accept the things that can't be changed
- the courage to change the things I can
- and the wisdom to know the difference "

F=2EJames Cripwell wrote:
[...]
From Canada. Land of the Key Bird.

Old July 31st 05, 08:38 PM
KCat

(I didn't get the original post for some reason, sorry about the quoting
excess and top posting)

this explains something - I didn't realize Jim's version was an older
version as when I experimented with importing the other day (demo of both
pro and standard) i saw that it was quite simple to specify floss/bead
makers during the import.

hubby has given his 49% of the decision so when we upgrade my system in a
month or so I'll put the extra $ into the pro version. I've got some grand
and glorious (cough cough) designs in mind. Who knows how they'll actually
turn out. I don't plan on "going pro" any time but i do like the added
capabilities of the pro version. not sure it justifies the cost
differential but ah well... hubby and I write niche software too so...

besides, I owned the very first version of PM ever sold... so it feels like
the right thing to do.

oups.com...