What is on your list?

Old October 28th 04, 08:33 PM
Laura J

Default What is on your list?

Hi everyone,

My mother has asked for a Christmas list from me. I have already added the
ball winder/shift that someone suggested to someone looking for a present
for his knitting wife a couple of months ago. I also just HAVE to get my
hands on Vogue Knitting! But that got me wondering what other kinds of
things all you yarn fiends covet?

So, what yarn-related gifts are on your list this year?

LauraJ

Old October 28th 04, 08:54 PM
Seaspray

Hi,

Good question. The holidays will be here before we know it! I have
recently gotten out my Incredible Sweater Machine. I have had it for years
but had it stored until recently. I like to use it when the kids are at
school. Well, the row counter was rusted inside and no longer
works.....so....a row counter is now on my list! I would also like to get
some pattern books and/or stitch books for crochet.

Hope we all get what we want!

Diane
*****************************

Old October 28th 04, 08:54 PM
Kelly Hurt

Perfect timing for this question as I just emailed my list to my sister!

My list includes double-ended crochet hooks, a knitting board and a
portable knitting board.

Kelly the Yarn Junkie

Pensieve
A Harry Potter List for Adults
Low Traffic - High Quality
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pensieve

Old October 28th 04, 09:31 PM
Aud

I have gathered tons of patterns from squares, dishclothes, snipped from
swaether patterns and so on. Nevertheless my wish is a pattern book, a
new one , (translated to Norwegian)much similar to The "New Knitting
Stitch Library."
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1579...62#reader-link
It is inspirating, allthough I am not sure I don't have the most in it
allready! LOL
AUD ;-)

"Laura J" skrev i melding

Old October 28th 04, 09:54 PM
BDS2pds

I am totally interested in hearing about these. i saw it on qvc and really got
interested but not much on it out there.

knitting board

Old October 28th 04, 09:55 PM
BDS2pds

I thought I wanted Rosewood needles; aren't they pretty, but found out some dye
the yarn as they rub through it. That is not good. Guess I will stick with my
Bernat set in a case. They have lasted all these many years. A pretty needles
in case would be my choice if I find one.
Old October 28th 04, 09:58 PM
spampot

Laura J wrote:
Hi everyone,

My mother has asked for a Christmas list from me. I have already added the
ball winder/shift that someone suggested to someone looking for a present
for his knitting wife a couple of months ago. I also just HAVE to get my
hands on Vogue Knitting! But that got me wondering what other kinds of
things all you yarn fiends covet?

So, what yarn-related gifts are on your list this year?

LauraJ

Oh gosh...the only yarn-related gift I'd dare ask for is another closet
built onto the house to hold my stash and WIPs!! But...if I ever
reform, I'd like a swift and ball-winder too!!
Old October 28th 04, 11:16 PM
Kirsten Procter

In article VPbgd.2377$eU2.909@trndny05,
Laura J wrote:
Hi everyone,

My mother has asked for a Christmas list from me. I have already added the
ball winder/shift that someone suggested to someone looking for a present
for his knitting wife a couple of months ago. I also just HAVE to get my
hands on Vogue Knitting! But that got me wondering what other kinds of
things all you yarn fiends covet?

I've just acquired four (well, three and one on the way) of the Vogue
Knitting on the Go books and am seized with an urge to collect the set. So
those are on the list. I've also had this pattern on my list for a
while: http://www.onceuponapattern.com//p420.html And the perpetual
calendar with a different stitch for each day
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...4325?vi=glance)

Crochet for Dummies is on their, and the Stitch 'n' Bitch books, and a
couple of other knitting-related (but not pattern) books; so, basically,
books.

I guess I'd quite like some of the self-patterning sock yarn that I'll
never justify buying for myself, too, but that probably wouldn't go on a
list I'd actually show to people.

Actually, I still feel kind of self-conscious about showing people my
wishlist; but because people sometimes ask me for a list, I have one
prepared that can be seen if they ask.

Kirsten
--
Kirsten Procter ghoti
Current projects; 2 blankets, various gifts

Old October 29th 04, 02:31 AM
NoraBalcer

Hi Kirsten,

You may also want to add the Knitting a Day Calendar too. Next year 2006 there
will also be a crochet version.

Now, on my list is more size G and I size crochet hooks from Susan Bates. I
just broke one the other night. I had used that one for about three to five
years and it finally snapped.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 29th 04, 03:49 AM
Katherine

Laura J wrote:
Hi everyone,

My mother has asked for a Christmas list from me. I have already
added the ball winder/shift that someone suggested to someone looking
for a present for his knitting wife a couple of months ago. I also
just HAVE to get my hands on Vogue Knitting! But that got me
wondering what other kinds of things all you yarn fiends covet?

So, what yarn-related gifts are on your list this year?

Good needles. I am thinking specifically of some (gasp!) Addi turbo
circulars.

Katherine