Yarn envy!

Old October 21st 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

Default Yarn envy!

Hi everyone,

My good friend who's into trying new things, decided to check out a
local LYS for Brown Sheep's Naturespun for a felting project, since
she thought the Lion Brand Felting Wool sold at Michael's was too
limited in colors, and they said they "didn't carry Brown Sheep".
They then led her over to their 100% wool shelves, and what's the
first ball she picks up? BS Naturespun! They said, Oh, we must have
had that since before the previous owner died, we should get rid of
it. My friend, a sharp shopper, said I want this yarn, you want to
get rid of it, if the price is right, I'll buy ALL your Naturespun
stock. The ladies in the shop were all abuzz with excitement after
that, because they took her up on the offer, and gave her a price she
thought was right. She thought she MIGHT end up with 20 balls of
yarn. Her DH told her don't worry about it, just keep filling those
milk crates they're giving you, 40 balls isn't unreasonable.

Well, the final count was 61 balls! She made out like a bandit, and
they got rid of old stock they didn't want, win/win, but she says she
feels almost like a real bandit because of the excellent price LOL.

So she got really S.E.X.ed up with yarn her DH told her she'll
eventually use because it doesn't go bad. I've seen it, 2 medium
sized garbage bags packed full, what a wonderful haul. Just goes to
show if you're in the right place at the right time and say the right
thing, you can get a heck of a bargain.

Leah
Old October 21st 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Leah" wrote in message

So she got really S.E.X.ed up with yarn her DH told her she'll
eventually use because it doesn't go bad. I've seen it, 2 medium
sized garbage bags packed full, what a wonderful haul. Just goes to
show if you're in the right place at the right time and say the right
thing, you can get a heck of a bargain.

Leah

Sounds like my kind of bargain. Way to go for your friend!

Shelagh

Old October 25th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
Shillelagh wrote:
"Leah" wrote

So she got really S.E.X.ed up with yarn her DH told her she'll
eventually use because it doesn't go bad. I've seen it, 2 medium
sized garbage bags packed full, what a wonderful haul. Just goes to
show if you're in the right place at the right time and say the right
thing, you can get a heck of a bargain.

Sounds like my kind of bargain. Way to go for your friend!

And way to go for her DH, too!

=Tamar