Suggestions for crochet needed, please

Old July 26th 03, 01:11 PM
Deb

Default Suggestions for crochet needed, please

Hello group,

DH and mine friend came to stay with us this past week. Last night he
gave us some gifts and he gave me 2 skeins of Lion Brand Imagine
(mohair blend). 1 2.5oz skein of red and 1 of black. It's VERY nice
and not something I've splurged on myself. Now, I live in South
Florida where scarves, mittens, and hats are not needed - well,
sometimes it dips to 30 but we just stay inside then!

So, does anyone have any suggestions on what I could make with this
lovely yarn? I'm a thread crocheter. I do have a box full of yarn
for odd projects - to make cute things for my kids - but I focus on
thread mostly. So I don't have any ideas what to make.

Now, I suppose I could make our friend something out of it - he lives
in Virginia.

Thanks, group!

Deb
http://www.debsdesktop.com
http://www.debsbookshelf.com
http://www.pineappleplaza.com
Old July 26th 03, 02:49 PM
Sew-Sew Lady

Large size hook, double or treble stitches in an open lacy pattern, make a
shawl or wrap.
A suggestion From too-dang-hot South Texas....

Windy

om...

Old July 26th 03, 06:31 PM
Deb

Windy,

Thank you. I like that idea.

Deb

Old July 27th 03, 02:08 AM
Karen

I'd second that idea of a shawl or wrap. Even in really hot weather, you
can walk into a movie theater or office building, and it will be so
air-conditioned that you end up shivering. Something light that you can
carry with and throw over to keep the chill off your neck / shoulders beats
carrying a sweater with. Imagine is so very soft too -- I think it would
make a wonderful wrap!

m...

"Deb" wrote in message
[...]

Suggestions needed for tinting glass Ron Glass 2 January 5th 05 12:11 AM
Oval Quilt Suggestions Needed Patti Quilting 5 August 10th 04 01:40 AM
Suggestions Needed C. Mathews Quilting 9 September 3rd 03 10:32 PM
design suggestions needed Kathy in CA Quilting 3 August 30th 03 04:32 PM
National Counted Cross Stitch Show - theme for 2004 - suggestions needed. Margaret Lee Needlework 0 August 22nd 03 07:18 PM