This weeks' bargain

Old October 9th 05, 02:36 PM
Nann Hilyard

Default This weeks' bargain

I took a big box of clothing to Salvation Army on Friday. Yay! Good to get
it out of the house, then out of the car.

On the way home I stopped at a garage sale. There were two milk crates
filled with quilting magazines. "3 for $1" said the sign. I told the women
that I had $10; would they accept that for all of the magazines? They said
the seller was inside the house and they'd ask. As I began to choose the
ones I'd be interested in, thinking my offer would not be accepted, she came
out and said yes, all for $10, but not the milk crates.

There were two patterns, an early Patchwork Place book, and a Mountain Mist
pattern catalog, as well as 111 magazines (QNM, Quilt, AP&Q, American
Quilter, Traditional Quiltworks, and Fons & Porter).

115 items for $10 is 8.6 cents each!

Nann
in northeasternmost Illinois

Old October 9th 05, 07:42 PM
Debra

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 08:36:02 -0500, "Nann Hilyard"
wrote:

I took a big box of clothing to Salvation Army on Friday. Yay! Good to get
it out of the house, then out of the car.

On the way home I stopped at a garage sale. There were two milk crates
filled with quilting magazines. "3 for $1" said the sign. I told the women
that I had $10; would they accept that for all of the magazines? They said
the seller was inside the house and they'd ask. As I began to choose the
ones I'd be interested in, thinking my offer would not be accepted, she came
out and said yes, all for $10, but not the milk crates.

There were two patterns, an early Patchwork Place book, and a Mountain Mist
pattern catalog, as well as 111 magazines (QNM, Quilt, AP&Q, American
Quilter, Traditional Quiltworks, and Fons & Porter).

115 items for $10 is 8.6 cents each!

Nann
in northeasternmost Illinois

Woohoo! You have lots of reading to do now!
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old October 9th 05, 08:54 PM
marbles_2

Wow!!! You'll be overwhelmed!!!
A friend was cleaning out her sewing room and had several years of QNM
and a bunch of others, including Threads. I can't read them all but
want to devour every page....and then get all confused by so many
options!!! Its a happy problem tho.

So congrats!!

Annie