How many sewing machines?/What do you think of vintage necchi?

Old January 19th 05, 04:20 PM
FashionDesign 2004

Default How many sewing machines?/What do you think of vintage necchi?

I am new to this list...and am studying fashion design...I just wanted
to say that I am surprised to find so many other people who collect
machines...I have 50 at least in cabinets...including singers, pfaff,
domestic, white, necchi (my favorite), many others....I also have tons
of portables.....I am currently considering purchasing a
featherweight..I just purchased a singer 301.....also have lots of
15-91's...in great cabinets.....!!!
What do most of you think of vintage Necchi?

Jeff S.

Old January 19th 05, 05:42 PM
Kate Dicey

FashionDesign 2004 wrote:

I am new to this list...and am studying fashion design...I just wanted
to say that I am surprised to find so many other people who collect
machines...I have 50 at least in cabinets...including singers, pfaff,
domestic, white, necchi (my favorite), many others....I also have tons
of portables.....I am currently considering purchasing a
featherweight..I just purchased a singer 301.....also have lots of
15-91's...in great cabinets.....!!!
What do most of you think of vintage Necchi?

Jeff S.

Nice... Wish I had room! I have 9 here at the moment. Looking for an
Elna Lots, as I gave the last one I found to a friend... Love my
Featherweight.

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 20th 05, 12:46 AM
Ann Knight

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:20:56 UTC, "FashionDesign 2004"
wrote:

What do most of you think of vintage Necchi?

If I have to use an electric machine, I like to use my Supernova
best.

--
No one died when Clinton lied.

Old January 20th 05, 07:32 AM
Kitty

My "Vintage" necchi is only about 20 years old, I had it from a kitten
and it is tops. I bought it as a reaction to a singer with nylon
inards and I was looking specifically for a machine with metal gears
which would do jeans, since that was my most frequent sewing project.
It has been a great machine and I expect it to last forever. Kitty

Old January 20th 05, 07:50 AM
Scare Crowe

I have a 1956 Super Nova Necchi. It has never given me one bit of
trouble. Never been serviced (except by me... replace belt and bobbin
winder "rubber tire", clean out lint, oil when needed). It is in a limed
oak cabinet with 3 drawers. It cost $400.00, a lot of money at that
time. It is my pride and joy and I have enjoyed ever miute I have owned
it. I would not trade it for the most expensive piece of junk on the
market today. I think I'm in love. I only have one sewing machine and
that's all I need.