i am freaking out here!! :)

Old August 31st 03, 06:39 PM
alia

Default i am freaking out here!! :)

gary and i are planning to move to sante fe, nm and we leave tomorrow
to look for an apt out there (from here, los angeles) and so to be
prudent i have vowed not to buy any beads until we have an apt!!! o my
god!!!! and so of course as soon as i decide that, kandice puts up
beads, and everywhere i turn there are the most beautiful beads
anywhere!!! i am so freaking out!!!!!!!!

alia
Old August 31st 03, 07:01 PM
Carol in SLC

i am so freaking out!!!!!!!!

Hang in there sweetie! There will *still* be beautiful beads available when
you get your apartment - I promise! Have a grand trip, and I hope you find a
great place right away. BTW - I have a sister in Edgewood!

Carol in SLC
JustBeads Auctions: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=5530
New jewelry (8/28): http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/hoyt1.jpg
Old August 31st 03, 10:16 PM
alia

hey cool!! its good to feel a connection in a new place

alia
Old August 31st 03, 10:23 PM
Kandice Seeber

LOL - that happens to me all the time. When I want to shop, there's
nothing, but when I have no money I see so many things I like it's painful.
(((((((hugs))))))) Good luck with your move, Alia!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old August 31st 03, 11:25 PM
Tante Lina

starlia wrote in message ...
Hang in there. There will be more beautiful beads awaiting your return
after you find a place. I love NM. Wish I was going too.

Me too! I'm envious! Good luck finding a place, alia!

* TL *

Old September 1st 03, 12:44 AM
Kandice Seeber

Hehehehehe eeeeevil grin

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

]LOL - yep, that's addiction! I feel your pain!

**snort** no, you don't.
you FEED it!
you're as much a glass witch as Tink!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old September 1st 03, 03:38 AM
Christina Peterson

Seriously, this is not off base.

Many glass workers use techniques as they become popular/are taught. So if
you see something you love, buy it. The artist might make it for several
months or even years as a standard pattern, but may abandon it for a new
style she's moved onto, before you get the style in your favourite color!!

I had drooled over some lush and satiny beads by Heather of Isabel's Dreams
on her site. Later I saw (and bid on) some wonderful beads in a sea glass
style. Didn't realise they were done by the same person, and don't know if
I can get any of the other style she worked in (after a vacation in Hawaii).

Tina

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...

For me, there's always the distinct possiblility that I'll think of

somethng
even cooler to do with the beads I have, milliseconds after my mother

makes
off with a piece. And what if I can't find any more?!?!?

Kathy N-V

Old September 1st 03, 07:07 PM
Deirdre S.

The good beadmakers will still be working when you get settled in your
new location.

And their work only gets better.

Deirdre

On 31 Aug 2003 10:39:57 -0700, (alia) wrote:

i am so freaking out!!!!!!!!

Old September 4th 03, 04:13 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article 1062383921.688020@prawn,
"Christina Peterson" wrote:

Seriously, this is not off base.

Many glass workers use techniques as they become popular/are taught. So if
you see something you love, buy it. The artist might make it for several
months or even years as a standard pattern, but may abandon it for a new
style she's moved onto, before you get the style in your favourite color!!

I had drooled over some lush and satiny beads by Heather of Isabel's Dreams
on her site. Later I saw (and bid on) some wonderful beads in a sea glass
style. Didn't realise they were done by the same person, and don't know if
I can get any of the other style she worked in (after a vacation in Hawaii).

Tina

Not only do beadmakers often abandon styles and techniques as they move
on to new styles and new techniques, but also, more heartbreakingly,
glassmakers will make a color that is seen once, and never again. Even
if there is a color with the same name, it won't look or work the same;
Ink Blue and Coral are really good examples of this. (Word to the wise:
if you like Ink Blue, stock up because it looks like the latest batch
looks more like cobalt.)

--
-Kalera

---------