Repeat post: OT The rules of the game

Old June 14th 05, 11:47 PM
Karen Sherwood

Thank you for the reminder, Marisa.
Old June 14th 05, 11:47 PM
Marisa Cappetta

Default Repeat post: OT The rules of the game

I posted the following on May 31. I thought it worth repeating:

Here's how it works with trolls.

They don't post anything for the sake of accuracy, enlightenment,
edification or for any other reason you would expect from a socially well
adjusted person. There is not one single thing you can say that won't be
twisted, taken out of context, insulted or jeered at. Not one. Don't kid
yourself that there is.

It's a numbers game. They get a response, they win. More responses, more
tally marks on the cave wall. So, apply logic according to the rules of the
game.

If you post a response to a troll, they win.

If a troll responds to something I post and I don't follow up, I win. (all
rcb'ers silently cheer)

If they don't (and you can bet this will be read), I still win because they
have been driven away by the above sentence. (all rcb'ers silently cheer)

The game is no longer fun and troll goes away. Everyone wins. (more silent
cheering)
--
Marisa (AU/NZ)

Today I will add that, as Polly pointed out, these people have their own
newsgroup where they will jeer at everything written about them. It doesn't
matter if you are accurate or inaccurate about identities or motives. They
will mock everything, including this post. I choose to suffer this
indignity in order to pass on information to those less experienced with
trollish behaviour.

If you ask them to leave, they will tell you you're the one with the
problem, such as accusations of being a 'net cop'. They enjoy stirring up
trouble and refuse to leave because they also enjoy seeing the fall out. I
have experience in real life with this sort of person. The behaviour is
consistent with borderline personality disorder or sociopathy.

A person with either of these disorders is incapable of feeling empathy.
They view your emotion as a curiosity. They need medication but often these
things go untreated, the bpd/sociopath will continue to insist that everyone
else has a problem (including the medical professionals who may be trying to
help). Requests, retorts, anger, reason, everything falls on deaf ears.
I'm not going to tell you not to respond. Just letting you know what to
expect.
--
Marisa (AU/NZ)

Old June 15th 05, 12:01 AM
beadzbiz

Wow. Part of me says, what did I walk into. Part of me says, don't ask,
go next door and watch the end of Batman Forever on the tele. Hmmm.
Beading is certainly a fascinating hobby

Old June 15th 05, 12:05 AM
Phil Kyle

"beadzbiz" verbally sodomised in
ups.com:

Wow. Part of me says, what did I walk into. Part of me says, don't ask,
go next door and watch the end of Batman Forever on the tele. Hmmm.
Beading is certainly a fascinating hobby

Which parts would they be?

--
Phil Kyle™
Uno

Old June 15th 05, 12:41 AM
ah

Phil Kyle wrote:
"beadzbiz" verbally sodomised in
ups.com:

Wow. Part of me says, what did I walk into. Part of me says, don't ask,
go next door and watch the end of Batman Forever on the tele. Hmmm.
Beading is certainly a fascinating hobby

Which parts would they be?

Beads?
--
ah

/\_/|
=0-0=
\'I'|
||,,\_
|[,,/,\
|[|,\_,,)
((J(=__/
meow
Old June 15th 05, 01:22 AM
Shortcake

:
: Wow. Part of me says, what did I walk into. Part of me says, don't ask,
: go next door and watch the end of Batman Forever on the tele. Hmmm.
: Beading is certainly a fascinating hobby
:
:
:
: Which parts would they be?
:
: Beads?
Boats?

--
SS~

If ya feel like dancin', dance nekkid !

. .
\`-" ' "-'/
} 6 6 {
=. Y ,=
/^^^\ .
/ \ )
( ) - ( )/
"" ""
Meow

Old June 15th 05, 01:32 AM
Kalera Stratton

Hi Ah!

ah wrote:
Phil Kyle wrote:

"beadzbiz" verbally sodomised in
roups.com:

http://www.beadwife.com
Old June 15th 05, 01:33 AM
Kandice Seeber

Thank you Marisa. Let's all stop responding and they'll get bored and
leave. Killfiling is fun!!!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old June 15th 05, 01:33 AM
Phil Kyle

ah verbally sodomised in

Phil Kyle wrote:
"beadzbiz" verbally sodomised in
ups.com:

Wow. Part of me says, what did I walk into. Part of me says, don't
ask, go next door and watch the end of Batman Forever on the tele.
Hmmm. Beading is certainly a fascinating hobby

Which parts would they be?

Beads?

No thanks, I just ate.

--
Phil Kyle™
Uno

Old June 15th 05, 04:26 AM
Fred Hall

: Phil Kyle wrote:
: "beadzbiz" verbally sodomised in
: ups.com:
:
: Wow. Part of me says, what did I walk into. Part of me says, don't ask,
: go next door and watch the end of Batman Forever on the tele. Hmmm.
: Beading is certainly a fascinating hobby
:
:
:
: Which parts would they be?
:
: Beads?
Boats?

Butts?

I made a lot of money doing this! Nothing to lose! [email protected] Quilting 5 January 26th 05 08:15 PM
New Here but afraid to post Cher Yarn 81 May 10th 04 10:39 AM
A place to post your stuff for sale..... Christi Conley Polymer Clay 0 March 11th 04 03:49 PM
Help! Need Crochet version of... Maeven Yarn 5 January 16th 04 01:08 PM