ELS....THANKYOU

Old February 15th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default ELS....THANKYOU

The info on the weavettes came this morning, and the lovely postcard, which
I'm gonna re read this evening after dinner.

That is the weavettes I meant, they are really cute, will see about making
one I think.

Thankyou again my friend...hugz Cher

Old February 15th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article ,
"spinninglilac" wrote:

The info on the weavettes came this morning, and the lovely postcard, which
I'm gonna re read this evening after dinner.

That is the weavettes I meant, they are really cute, will see about making
one I think.

Thankyou again my friend...hugz Cher

Cher you are very welcome, great that it got there so fast.

I mailed a birthday gift for my brother in Holland, last month, at the 21
of Jan. It costs over $70 to mail out, no less. I first took the parcel
home again, no way was I going to pay that kind of money. My husband and
son told me to go back and mail it out. It is still traveling at this
point. I got a tracing # from Canada post. Every day I look to see if it
has arrived yet. It must be traveling around Cape Horn in South America.
Canada post is very slow, and is now a profit making organization. No
more good service at all. At least that is what I find.

Els
Old February 15th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Els:

I'll second that about "Canada Post". I have a girlfriend of 40 yrs that now
lives in Whitehorse, Yukon and it can take up to 2 weeks for a regular
letter to arrive at her doorstep...sigh.
BTW I viewed your pictures as well and found them very
interesting/nice....great job on getting your pictures there too....I'd not
have a clue where to start. I leave those jobs for the other people in my
house grin.

Donna from Ontario, Canada

Old February 16th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Ladies,

Don't feel bad, it took six days to get a card from Conn. to me, which
is only about 500 miles or less. I mailed a package on a Monday morning
and it was there in 24 hours, now a card took six, go figure.

Hugs,

Nora

Old February 16th 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , "Donna D."
wrote:

Hi Els:

I'll second that about "Canada Post". I have a girlfriend of 40 yrs that now
lives in Whitehorse, Yukon and it can take up to 2 weeks for a regular
letter to arrive at her doorstep...sigh.
BTW I viewed your pictures as well and found them very
interesting/nice....great job on getting your pictures there too....I'd not
have a clue where to start. I leave those jobs for the other people in my
house grin.

Donna from Ontario, Canada

Donna, I had absolutely no plans at all the have a website. That all
changed when I got this new computer for my birhtday. Apple makes it
fairly easy to get it set-up. As well as being pushed by a pushy
daughter....(guess where she is getting that from, ha, ha) I have sort of
gotten there. It is like trying to row a boat at the edge of the stream
and all of a sudden you are in the middle of the river going like mad.
God forbit there will be a water fall coming up around a bend......LOL
for now I am still sitting in the middle of the boat and have some comand
of stearing the darn boat....

Els
Old February 16th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Els:

Yes, atleast you do have some command. You surely wouldn't want to be caught
upstream without a paddle smirk.

Donna from Ontario, Canada

Old February 16th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Els van Dam" wrote in message
In article nPRIf.14403$H%4.13570@pd7tw2no, "ejk"

wrote:

BTW we had a great meeting yesterday, Hannah showed us all kind of great
knitting tricks and odds and ends. We did all kinds of different casts
on(s); starting new yarns, when you ran out of yarn, in different ways.
Fixing balls of yarns in a muddle etc. We ran out of time and will look
at some more at the next textile day at my house.

Els

Did she have a good trick for getting the end of the yarn out of a new ball
without pulling out half of it? That can be so frustrating for many of us.

--
Jan in MN

Old February 16th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote:

BTW we had a great meeting yesterday, Hannah showed us all kind of great
knitting tricks and odds and ends. We did all kinds of different casts
on(s); starting new yarns, when you ran out of yarn, in different ways.
Fixing balls of yarns in a muddle etc. We ran out of time and will look
at some more at the next textile day at my house.

Els

Did she have a good trick for getting the end of the yarn out of a new ball
without pulling out half of it? That can be so frustrating for many of us.

Jan she had a solution for that. Or more a less what you do when it does
come out in a big blob, what you do after...LOL

Hannah mailed us all a page with all the information she gathered for
this meeting. Would you like me to E-mail it to you. It is a very long
list of things??

Els
Old February 17th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote:

BTW we had a great meeting yesterday, Hannah showed us all kind of
great knitting tricks and odds and ends. We did all kinds of
different casts on(s); starting new yarns, when you ran out of yarn,
in different ways. Fixing balls of yarns in a muddle etc. We ran
out of time and will look at some more at the next textile day at my
house.

Els

Did she have a good trick for getting the end of the yarn out of a
new ball without pulling out half of it? That can be so frustrating
for many of us.

When you end up with yarn barf? g

Higs,
Katherine

Old February 17th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Els van Dam wrote:
In article
, "The

wrote:

[...]

I would like that, too, please.

Higs,
Katherine

thankyou Noreen Cher Yarn 1 November 10th 03 09:43 PM
thankyou for B/day wishes Cher Yarn 8 November 10th 03 07:20 AM
Noreen...THANKYOU Cher Yarn 1 October 28th 03 03:55 AM
Thankyou Nora.from Cher Cher Yarn 5 October 25th 03 04:32 PM
Thankyou for the Anniversary Wishes Brian D Yarn 0 October 17th 03 06:36 PM