Sunday morning

Old August 21st 05, 08:18 PM

Good midafternoon,

We started out the day with high humidity, but now there is a lovely
breeze and it's much nicer outside even if it's hot.

I have to tell you what I've been working on and what it's turned out
to be. I have a one piece crochet baby sweater pattern that I bought at
least three years ago and I made it, but wasn't crazy about it as the
sleeves stuck out like a scarecrow. I wanted to do another one piece
and found this pattern, but didn't remember making it. In order to get
the right gauge as it called for woolease, I used two strands of
supersport. I got the back up to the neck done and started down the
left front and only had about ten rows to go when I decided I really
didn't like it. I was going to frog it into a ball, but thought no,
I'll start a one piece N size hook baby afghan with it. I now have six
inches done on the afghan and will probably do more tonight. At least
the yarn didn't go to waste and I'm going to hide that pattern and I've
put a note on it already not to make another one.

Hugs,

Nora

Old August 22nd 05, 12:08 AM
Katherine

MRH wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
THe power outage lasted until after 1, so it is just as well that I
didn't plan any wild computer use earlier today. Keith has gone to
St. John's today to get a new brace for his foot, so I will have
most of this week to get my house back into some semblance of order.
I am taking it one small step at a time, and hope to be finished by
Wednesday. I have also scheduled knitting time, so I should be able
to finish Kandace's sweater, sew her poncho together, and get
Jesika's sweater done and my socks started. I love it when he goes
out of town for a few days! g Katherine

grin And does he know you feel this way? ;o)

He not only knows, he feels the same way when I go out of town. Of course,
he uses his time to play pool or listen to loud music, not to clean house.

Oh, he called just a few minutes ago, and I told him that I had finished
cleaning out Kandace's clothes, and was going to start mine tomorrow. He
said, "Well, when you clean out your top drawer, you should know that I
spilled a can of Pepsi the other night. I think I got it all, but some of it
may have landed on your underwear." I am afraid to look!

Katherine

Old August 22nd 05, 01:03 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Well, Katherine , I am glad you joined me on "my" Sunday - I always feel
rather odd when I send my Sunday doings, knowing it is only Saturday "up
there" However I feel ever stranger when I leave it to Monday to be with
you all on Sunday !!!

Of course the one good thing for you all is that you know your tomorrow will
be coming as usual !!** God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Katherine" wrote in message
OK, so it's not Sunday yet. Sheesh! g I just wanted to let you all know
that I won't be here in the morning, as I won't have Internet. There is a
scheduled power outage, and both cable and the net will be down for

several
hours. Enjoy your coffee and blogging.

Katherine

Old August 22nd 05, 01:05 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

OoooNot a nice way to spend Sunday morning, Mirjam - or any other morning
for that matter God Bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
It is already Sunday afternoon Marie as i read this ,,, happy day all
i am off to the dentist ,
mirjam
On 20 Aug 2005 22:53:55 -0700, "
wrote:

It's not Sunday here yet, either, but it is for Nora, Mirjam and
many others LOL. Hope you get your power back soon.
Marie and the cats

Old August 22nd 05, 01:18 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Katherine, I hope your undies are not all sticking together !! Hope you do
not have an ant problem in your area.

I agree that when the "man of the house" is absent one can get a lot done.
I have thoroughly enjoyed our retirement and having Frank at home all the
time but I also enjoy the times he goes fishing. I love it when he tells his
friends ( some of whose wives object to their taking time to fish) that "
Gwen is great she never minds me fishing at all " I do not think he even
suspects that I enjoy the opportunity to do things. Even on holidays I
enjoy his fishing times as it lets me do my cross stitch or knitting. God
Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old August 22nd 05, 01:58 AM
Katherine

LOL No, Gwen, no ants this far north. I decided to leave the drawers until
tomorrow, as I don't want to have to cope with anything messy tonight. I
have been busy making blankies for Kandace's stuffed animals. I sometimes
feel that I am insane for doing this! g

I remember one time Keith wanted to go for a golf weekend, so I told him to
have a great time. All the other guys had to "bribe" their wives to get
permission. We were both rather amazed at that.

Katherine

"Katherine" wrote in message
MRH wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
THe power outage lasted until after 1, so it is just as well that I
didn't plan any wild computer use earlier today. Keith has gone to
St. John's today to get a new brace for his foot, so I will have
most of this week to get my house back into some semblance of
order. I am taking it one small step at a time, and hope to be
finished by Wednesday. I have also scheduled knitting time, so I
should be able to finish Kandace's sweater, sew her poncho
together, and get Jesika's sweater done and my socks started. I
love it when he goes out of town for a few days! g Katherine

grin And does he know you feel this way? ;o)

He not only knows, he feels the same way when I go out of town. Of
course, he uses his time to play pool or listen to loud music, not
to clean house. g

Old August 22nd 05, 02:40 AM

Gwen,

I got a chuckle out of this fortune cookie, hope you do to.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end. It's already tomorrow in
Australia.

So good Monday to you as it's about 9:40pm while I'm writing this.

Hugs,

Nora

Old August 22nd 05, 03:54 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

MRH wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
[...]

Roaring with laughter on this side of the country.....some sticky
affections.......Men I tell you....We love them though

How was the video with false nails and all.....

Happy dreams for both of you

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old August 22nd 05, 04:04 AM
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

MRH wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
[...]

It's a good thing we do - otherwise we would have to kill them. g

How was the video with false nails and all.....

After having the nails on for about an hour, she decided that she wasn't
comfortable with them and took them off. g We watched about half of the
video, and then she decided that she was sleepy, and needed a story read
before going to bed. She is planning to watch the rest of the video in the
morning, and I guess I will, too.

Good night, my friend, and hugs to Oma Els from Kandace.

Katherine

Happy dreams for both of you

Els

Happy Saturday and Sunday morning coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 14 March 14th 05 02:30 AM
Sunday Morning rant: Feb 13th Jenn Vanderslice Yarn 22 February 15th 05 03:59 PM
Good morning on this sunny Sunday Els van Dam Yarn 2 December 13th 04 11:52 AM
Sunday morning Janise Ross Yarn 2 October 3rd 04 10:11 PM
Sunday morning coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 44 July 21st 04 03:31 AM