just joined the group

Old March 8th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Fran

Default just joined the group

Hi. I am a new member. My name is Fran and I have been quilting for about
2 years. My friend Joanna who is in the group has me addicted to quilting
but I have a lot to learn. I live in Alberta, Canada, and also do
woodworking, make magnetic jewelry and about every other craft possible. I
have two grown married children and 3 beautiful grandchildren. Hope to
leave a lot for this group.

Thanks

--
Fran
Remove QUILT to reply

Old March 8th 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Welcome to the group!

One of the first things to learn... don't announce when you vacation
(unless your stash is heavily guarded)!

Another early lesson to learn -- a bribe of chocolate can accomplish much!

Seriously -- we're glad you found us. Me -- I'm in Michigan, have 3 sons
(one still at home), have been quilting for about 7 years. Married for 30
years (yikes -- that seems like a really LONG time when I write it down!).
We have an almost year old lab puppy -- Samson (you can see pics in my
webshots album).

I'm certain you'll learn a lot here.. and some of it may even apply to your
quilting! :-)

:-)

Kate in MI

Old March 8th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Chipper

Welcome, Fran! This is a pretty wild place, but make yourself at home.
(Just keep that rotary cutter and quilting needle handy...)

chipper

Old March 8th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold

Hi Fran
Welcome.
I'm in Alberta too. A little southwest of Joanna.

I haven't had a lot of quilting time in the last couple of years, but still
collect fabric for the stash and patterns and magazines for "someday". I am
still addicted.

Do you happen to know when the Red Deer Quilt Show is? I missed it last
year, cause I didn't hear about it ahead of time.

My DH & I have 16 kids, 23 grandkids and 5 more on the way.
2 golden retrievers, and 1kitty cat. Life is full!

Marilyn
in spring time Alberta, Canada

Old March 8th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Welcome to the group, Fran. You can always count on someone to help with any
question you might have.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old March 8th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Hi Marilyn , I just pulled this info from "Freckles Quilt Shop" web
page:
Moose Jaw Quilt Show - April 14 & 15
Red Deer Quilt Show - April 27 & 28
Festival of Quilts - May 26 & 27

If you do visit the show - do you plan on taking photos? jennellh

"Fran" wrote in message

Hi. I am a new member. My name is Fran and I have been quilting for
about 2 years. My friend Joanna who is in the group has me addicted to
quilting but I have a lot to learn. I live in Alberta, Canada, and also
do woodworking, make magnetic jewelry and about every other craft
possible. I have two grown married children and 3 beautiful
grandchildren. Hope to leave a lot for this group.

Thanks

--
Fran
Remove QUILT to reply- Hide quoted text -

Old March 8th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

You mean there is a quilt show that is almost close enough that I could
actually make it there??? WOW!!!

hmm.... what's a few (9) hours drive when quilts are involved.........

~KK in BC~

oups.com...
:
: "Fran" wrote in message
:
: news:ktNHh.1263413$5R2.1057241@pd7urf3no...
:
:
:
:
:
: Hi. I am a new member. My name is Fran and I have been quilting for
: about 2 years. My friend Joanna who is in the group has me addicted
: quilting but I have a lot to learn. I live in Alberta, Canada, and
also
: do woodworking, make magnetic jewelry and about every other craft
: possible. I have two grown married children and 3 beautiful
: grandchildren. Hope to leave a lot for this group.
:
: Thanks
:
: --

Old March 8th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

Hello from way up here in Northern BC!
You are going to love it here.

~KK in BC~

Old March 9th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Welcome, Fran! We hope to learn a lot from you, too!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Fran" wrote in message

Hi. I am a new member. My name is Fran and I have been quilting for
about 2 years. My friend Joanna who is in the group has me addicted to
quilting but I have a lot to learn. I live in Alberta, Canada, and also
do woodworking, make magnetic jewelry and about every other craft
possible. I have two grown married children and 3 beautiful
grandchildren. Hope to leave a lot for this group.

Thanks

--
Fran
Remove QUILT to reply

Your pick group (and any other group I moderate), Pami, Dannielle-double aster.... Terbear Quilting 0 December 1st 06 11:17 PM
just joined!! breda Beads 4 August 9th 06 08:47 AM
This Group Glass 17 March 19th 06 02:06 AM
has anyone joined? Allyson Brown Quilting 6 December 31st 04 08:03 PM
Fun BOM I joined Shirley Ellen Quilting 6 June 13th 04 12:02 AM