Scandinavian Knitting Pattern Sources?

Old November 18th 04, 10:00 PM
Gallagher

Default Scandinavian Knitting Pattern Sources?

DH is asking me to do him "reindeer type" sweater...not a yolk pattern, but
one across the chest. The pattern doesn't need to have an actual reindeer in
it. I think what he wants is a ski sweater with a pattern in it, so a
stranded thread or intarsia mix might do it.

I checked Garnstudio, which has some nice ones, but I'd appreciate website,
book or patter recommendations on this.

Thanks, friends!
Abi

Old November 19th 04, 12:05 AM

I have two books that I can recommend. I first took them out from my
local library and later bought both of them. They have sweather patterns
and lots of charts with both easy and complicated nordic knitting.
They also give the history of Nordic knitting and have lots of photos.

The first is: Knitting in the Nordic Tradition. Author: Vibeke Lind

It was first published in Danish and translated into English.

The second is: Nordic Knitting: Thirty-One Patterns in the Scandinavian
Tradition. Author: Susanne Pagoldh.

First published in Sweden and translated into English.

Below is a link to Amazon re the books.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...371733-8845457

Mona

Old November 19th 04, 01:39 AM