FREE 100% cotton fabric available in California...Magic Mike

Old September 26th 03, 01:23 AM
me

Default FREE 100% cotton fabric available in California...Magic Mike

Hi all, I have been meaning to check in and say "HI!" to everyone for ages
now but never get around to it. Sometimes we need a push to get things
done.

Well, today I got my push and it might be good news for some RCTQ members!

I received a phone call today asking if I wanted some scraps. Unfortunately,
the scraps are in California so I would have to ship them to me and then
ship them out to other people and that would be too expensive. However, the
generosity of people sometimes comes through to overcome little problems.
The person who contacted me is looking for someone to take a bunch of scraps
off them every month or so. These are 100% cotton scraps and are described
a bit more in the email I will list below. They are willing to give these
away free so all you have to do is pick up the scraps. I don't think they
will mail them but you may be able to work something out with them if you
contact them. It seems this can be a great opportunity for the right people
in the right place.

Here is the email they send me following our phone conversation:

*************
As we discussed over the phone, we need to get rid of several hundred pounds

of fabric scrap. We have 3 colors of the fabric: cranberry, natural

(beige), and white; 100% cotton, 7 oz canvas. The strips measure approx.

18" wide x 70" long. We have several hundred pounds now available and will

be having them on a monthly basis. It will be given free but we are not

willing to ship them out.

We are in North Hollywood, CA. Hopefully you have some contacts in this

area who can pick them up. Whoever will be interested can pay for shipment.

Please call me or email me ASAP if there is any interest. Thanks.

Gay Dela Cuesta

(818) 503-8300 ext 3008

************************

Their email address is and the person I spoke with is
Gay, so you can contact her and see what you can work out with them. I hope
someone can work something out to put these scraps to goo use in stead of
letting them end up in a landfill somewhere. This can be a great project
for a local quilting group, a school or community group like the Key Club,
Girl Scouts, or even a church youth group or any other type of group that
can work this out. I would hope a non profit group could make this work for
them.

A few tips to consider, since these good people are willing to GIVE the
SCRAPS away for FREE, make sure you get there to get them when you say you
will. They probably can't store them for very long so don't let them suffer
because they are trying to help out.

Don't get too fussy about what you will take. In other words, even if there
is a little bit that you can't use included with what they are giving, don't
hesitate to take it along with the rest of the stuff. Youc an discuss this
with them, but they may just not want to divide it up and only want to get
rid of everything, etc.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, be sure to give them credit for this
offer. They are running a business and can surely use the good Public
Relations. If you happen to get any press coverage, be sure to thank the
company for their generosity if they will let you mention their name.

You may find out they don't want the publicity.

If one group can't take everything, mayb eyou can work with another group,
church, etc. to take it all and then divide it up somehow so it doesn't go
to waste.

This can be a great partnership for all concerned as they will save on
refuse removal and might get some good PR, and the group or groups will get
free fabric to put to good use.

Good luck to everyone and I hope these scraps can be put to good use.

Hope all are well and having fun with their quilting.

Magic Mike

Old September 26th 03, 02:10 AM
Marcella Tracy Peek

Mike, it's great to see you posting! Hope you are feeling up to posting
now and then.

marcella
Old September 26th 03, 04:14 AM
me

Hey Marcella, to be honest, I had just gotten over a very bad migraine when
this person called me. If they ahd called 2 hours sooner, I would not have
even answered the phone. I am glad I was feeling a little better shen they
did call. I know this can help a lot of people if they can work it out.

Magic Mike

Old September 26th 03, 04:25 AM
Judy Grevenites

Woah! It's Magic Mike! It is very good to hear from you, I hope your
health has improved. There have been a lot of prayers and good wishes
expressed for you. Hang in there! RedQueen,

Fabrics & free shipping on Quanities joan Marketplace 0 December 6th 03 06:12 PM
FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM
Pre-Cut fabric quilting squares 100% cotton Wes Jones Marketplace 0 September 28th 03 05:43 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM
Fabric Quest: McLaren Tartan in cotton georg Quilting 9 August 21st 03 09:42 PM