Well, the peace and quiet is over and so is the stitching time

Old August 7th 08, 12:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Well, the peace and quiet is over and so is the stitching time

On 8/6/08 6:41 PM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 17:31:29 -0500, Jangchub
opined:

Why am I picturing Lucille Ball in the mud, rolling around with an
alpaca? Of course this is just a fantasy and I'd never be able to do
it unless mister Mark would go along with it and he is more a girly
man who does not like dirt, or fixing things, nor has he ever ridden a
horse!

I don't know you'd be rolling in the mud, rather ducking their spit
balls !

Maybe not Lucille Ball, maybe Green Acres or something.

Go read "The Egg and I". That will cure you of longing for "the simple
life".

Cheryl

Old August 7th 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney)

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 07:06:25 -0400, Cheryl Isaak opined:
Go read "The Egg and I". That will cure you of longing for "the simple
life".

Hee hee, that's a real oldie lol

I love the bit where the old chap couldn't understand why his water
tower collapsed when he cut "just a small piece" from one of the main
supports. But they bred them tough in those days!
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old August 7th 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney)

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 12:52:20 +0100, "Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay,
Orkney)" opined:

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 07:06:25 -0400, Cheryl Isaak opined:
Go read "The Egg and I". That will cure you of longing for "the simple
life".
Hee hee, that's a real oldie lol

I love the bit where the old chap couldn't understand why his water
tower collapsed when he cut "just a small piece" from one of the main
supports. But they bred them tough in those days!

This is somewhat interesting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Egg_and_I

A bit like Lilian Beckwith (1916 - 2004) who wrote a series of amusing
semi-autobiographical books (eg "The hills is lonely") based upon her
experiences after she moved to Skye in the 1940s. The locals were upset
because they claimed that they could be clearly identified in her books,
no court cases though.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney