Searching for a sewing machine tool

Old July 6th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Woolstitcher

Default Searching for a sewing machine tool

Yesterday I got a quick glimpse of the Fons & Porter show. I wasn't able to
watch much, as we were getting ready to go out for the day. But, in the
limited time I was able to see the show I saw them use some sort of tool
that attached to a sewing machine that allowed a person to sew perfect
circles. I could see that you cut out a circle, adjusted the tool, placed
the circle on another pc. of fabric and placed it all on the center of the
circle on a pin. I'm not sure if there was a special food needed as well.
I could really use this tool, does anyone know what it is called or better
yet, a place that I can order it? I have googled, since I have no idea what
the tool is called I'm having trouble finding it.
Thank you very much.

Old July 6th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Woolstitcher

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 10:09:23 -0400, "Woolstitcher"
opined:

Yesterday I got a quick glimpse of the Fons & Porter show. I wasn't able
watch much, as we were getting ready to go out for the day. But, in the
limited time I was able to see the show I saw them use some sort of tool
that attached to a sewing machine that allowed a person to sew perfect
circles. I could see that you cut out a circle, adjusted the tool, placed
the circle on another pc. of fabric and placed it all on the center of the
circle on a pin. I'm not sure if there was a special food needed as well.
I could really use this tool, does anyone know what it is called or better
yet, a place that I can order it? I have googled, since I have no idea
what
the tool is called I'm having trouble finding it.
Thank you very much.

Some around here know machines but you could try rec.crafts.sewing -
they might be more into machine sewing as opposed to cross stitch and
embroidery in general.

Thank you, I'll post there too.
I do embroidery and know a lot of ppl who do both, so I thought posting this
here would be ok.

Old July 7th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

This is too curious to igno

Here's a link to the show you probably watched:
http://www.ket.org/tvschedules/episo...&&layout=popup

which probably dealt with "circle attachment for sewing machine",
which led to this tutorial"
http://www.fibreandstitch.com/pdf/circle.pdf
and this tutorial, which covers both the "flower stitching attachment"
and the circles via thumbtack method:
http://www.sewnews.com/library/sewne...rary/aamach11/

I might have to go try this now...and I have nothing that needs
circles or flowers!

Good luck!
Lynn
Old July 7th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Woolstitcher wrote:
Thank you, I'll post there too.
I do embroidery and know a lot of ppl who do both, so I thought posting this
here would be ok.

No problem posting here, there just aren't a lot of people who sew a
lot h ere :-). I think I know what you are talking about and I'm
wondering if it might be at the Clothilde site? I can't lay hands on my
catalogue but you could try. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old July 7th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Woolstitcher wrote:
Thank you, I'll post there too.
I do embroidery and know a lot of ppl who do both, so I thought posting
this here would be ok.

No problem posting here, there just aren't a lot of people who sew a lot
h ere :-). I think I know what you are talking about and I'm wondering if
it might be at the Clothilde site? I can't lay hands on my catalogue but
you could try. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

I remember getting another catalog that had that kind of thing but I can't
remember the full name. It was Carol ????. I think she had a program on
PBS at one time.

Lucille

Old July 7th 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote in message

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Woolstitcher wrote:
Thank you, I'll post there too.
I do embroidery and know a lot of ppl who do both, so I thought posting
this here would be ok.

No problem posting here, there just aren't a lot of people who sew a
lot
h ere :-). I think I know what you are talking about and I'm wondering
if
it might be at the Clothilde site? I can't lay hands on my catalogue but
you could try. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

I remember getting another catalog that had that kind of thing but I can't
remember the full name. It was Carol ????. I think she had a program
on
PBS at one time.

Lucille

Sorry to be adding to my own post, but I was thinking of the wrong person.

The one I was thinking of is Nancy's Notions. IIRC it has lots of odd and
ends for sewing machines and quilting.

http://www.nancysnotions.com/

Lucille

Old July 8th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kay Lancaster

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 10:09:23 -0400, Woolstitcher wrote:
Yesterday I got a quick glimpse of the Fons & Porter show. I wasn't able to
watch much, as we were getting ready to go out for the day. But, in the
limited time I was able to see the show I saw them use some sort of tool
that attached to a sewing machine that allowed a person to sew perfect
circles. I could see that you cut out a circle, adjusted the tool, placed

Here's the Do It Yourself version (and there are lots of variants of this)
http://www.fibreandstitch.com/pdf/circle.pdf

Many machine manufacturers have machine-specific ones, like:
http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp10760-1902.html
http://janome.com/index.cfm/Machines...ing_Attachment

Tacks and tape work fine for me. g

Kay

Searching for a sweing tool Woolstitcher Quilting 14 July 13th 08 09:06 PM
Old sewing machine question .. EMDEKO machine NE Sailboat Sewing 1 January 18th 07 06:39 PM
Is ths a good deal? Grace Quilting Sewing Frame +Janome 1600 Sewing Machine bobbi Quilting 12 December 8th 06 09:18 PM
Searching for machine/commercial-rolled flashed glass John O. Riordan - Riordan Artistry Glass 44 December 15th 05 04:13 PM
sewing machine [email protected] Quilting 7 December 7th 04 10:19 PM